• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Parts needed

scopeusa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anyone out there breaking a SX230/AR230 for parts a guy I know has a 2005 AR230 that was damaged in hurricane Irma. He needs the center opening section of the windscreen, one of the hatches on the side of the hull near the bathing platform, (I will check which one) and he needs a fuel cap preferably with the neck filler. Can anyone help or direct me to where I might find any secondhand parts?

Thanks

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not for sure but PaulyB mentioned he had two, I think he was rebuilding or something into one boat. Not sure of any facts just remember discussing a bad motor in a previous post. Worth an ask I suppose.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is anyone out there breaking a SX230/AR230 for parts a guy I know has a 2005 AR230 that was damaged in hurricane Irma. He needs the center opening section of the windscreen, one of the hatches on the side of the hull near the bathing platform, (I will check which one) and he needs a fuel cap preferably with the neck filler. Can anyone help or direct me to where I might find any secondhand parts?

Thanks
I gather he checked the online parts stores like yamahasportsplaza?

scopeusa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Julian, as its an older boat and has suffered from the Caribbean sun and salt I thought it was just worth checking out JB to see if anyone could help him out. Places like the yamahasportsplaza would be the next port of call. I use them for various parts and that cannot be sourced from anywhere other than Yamaha and have found them to be way better than most others.

On another note, things have recovered very well on island from a visitors perspective. Most of the damage happened to residential roofs that were not substantially constructed. Don't let it put you off visiting again.

Cheers