• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Perfect Pass Adjusting / Dropped clip in bilge

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey All,
So while installing my perfect pass today between showers I managed to drop in the bilge the little clip that holds the factory throttle and the small throttle jumper together while trying to adjust it. I have four questions:

A) Where the heck could that clip have gone, I looked for over an hour. It fell off right where you would mount the SERVO for the port motor. Almost as if it vanished!

B) Are there pieces I can easily take off to search for this clip?

C) What pieces move on this motor, okay that sounds dumb but specifically what moves under the motor so that if I were to start the motor and that clip was still in a small cavity down there what could go wrong. I have a 2008 SX210. (Going to start looking at the part diagrams now)

D) How the heck do you adjust this perfect pass right? While in neutral I had to turn the adjusting screws all the way until the threads ended (on the pedometer and servo) to get it the throttle to rest on the stop, then when I throttle all the way forward it's like it wouldn't go all the way. But when I put the original throttle cable back on and adjusted it, it seemed to do the same.

Do you have a shop vac? If so, empty it out and stick the hose in and around where it disappeared to...

I've used this trick for getting cleat nuts that fell off out of the bowels of the bilge!

If its metal, we use a telescoping magnet, works great! Also if you put some pantyhose on the end of you vacuum, you can suck up the part without having to take it all the way to the vacuum itself...... Just dont turn it off before you see what your search has "netted" you....;)

Thanks all, hopefully the rain breaks enough tomorrow for me to get back to searching

I lost a bolt under the engines like that last year. There is a something that comes off the bottom of the engines and goes almost to the floor that traps stuff. It is probably there. Take your cell phone and carefully, without dropping it :), take pictures under the engine from both sides or use a gopro on a stick with your cell phone or tablet.

Hmm..maybe I can get a small mirror under there. It sounded like it fell forever....

just make sure to close the plugs in that compartment if you haven't. That reminds me...check the bilge and around the pump too.

Also if you put some pantyhose on the end of you vacuum, you can suck up the part without having to take it all the way to the vacuum itself...... Just dont turn it off before you see what your search has "netted" you....;)
Wow..that's a GREAT idea!

Found it! What a bear! I ended up removing the exhaust (Just did this 2 weekends ago for the scupper install) and low and behold it was down under the little PVC tube that feeds the plug in the rear of the boat...

Also got the PP adjusted (i'm hoping), I ended up having to flip the L brace around and I was able to tighten it with wiggle room on both sides of the nuts. One of my L braces needs to be tightened down but I can't seem to get it to tighten anymore. Also may have to get a new display from PP, mine has a line across it....womp womp womp

index.php

index.php

Maybe we can get a FRIEND @txav8r to take a vacation to Cali and help us install perfect pass! HEHE

I haven't done it but bet we could figure it out! I got friends to help with advise on a forum!

I haven't done it but bet we could figure it out! I got friends to help with advise on a forum!
I'm just around the corner!!!

Thanks Mel and Dennis!! We took her out Lake Perris on Saturday to have lunch by the island and just run the engines. It was a BLAST!

Thanks Mel and Dennis!! We took her out Lake Perris on Saturday to have lunch by the island and just run the engines. It was a BLAST!
I'm trying to get a pre-season shakedown next week. Not sure if it will pan out, but the kids are out of school. So I'll probably try to get to Perris or Elsinore mid week sometime.

At least some of you have a boat. I am fighting the vikings here trying to sell a boat. I have found an '11 240 that I could see in my barn. I can't seem to get past raised voices and concerns of retirement. So you guys are way ahead of me. Enjoy the Dawg...I should have considered where I am now.

I'm trying to get a pre-season shakedown next week. Not sure if it will pan out, but the kids are out of school. So I'll probably try to get to Perris or Elsinore mid week sometime.
It's hard for me to do it during the week. My only days off are Tuesday and Sunday but we will eventually get together I promise !

At least some of you have a boat. I am fighting the vikings here trying to sell a boat. I have found an '11 240 that I could see in my barn. I can't seem to get past raised voices and concerns of retirement. So you guys are way ahead of me. Enjoy the Dawg...I should have considered where I am now.
You know Mel, when we had the boat out last Saturday I needed a rag to check the oil once we had her in the water and it was cold. Cheryl asked me where it was and I told her it was in the. container behind Mel's tool kit
and we looked at each other and smiled. You need to make a point to come out this summer. You have visitation rights ya know;)

Back