• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect Pass seriously overshoots speed

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installed a Perfect Pass on my 210 FSH and I almost love it. The issue I’m having is it way overshoots the set speed. For example it’ll hit 30 mph before settling to the set speed of 20 mph.

The KDW setting continues to return to 05 (the lowest) on every profile if I switch between them. I can set it to 80 but once I change from “Wake” to “Surf” (two of my presets) the KDW is back to 05.

I also do not see the control settings that are described in some of the PP documentation online. I can’t find any Yamaha specific docs online and haven’t heard back from them on email yet.

Any ideas?

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever get any resolution on this? I installed Perfect Pass on my AR195 this weekend. I am also seeing the kdw setting continuously return to 05.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like something wrong with the controller if it's reseting the kdw.
Once that is fixed it should lock into the set speed fine, BUT the user has to initially accelerate to (not way past) the speed for it to do so.
I also never used the profiles, it seemed pointless and too easy to mess something up. I just used the same profile and increased speed as needed before each run.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't yet heard from Perfect Pass and am still having all these behaviors. I'm going to email them again to see what they say.

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a bummer. For the price there should be some good technical support. Mine wasn't overshooting the speed really. It actually performed pretty well, I just noticed that KDW setting at 05 and I know it was at 30 when I installed it. I had it set to surf at 9.5, my wife said it was fluctuating from 9.1 - 10. She was having to turn some so that may be it also. Either way the KDW number not holding seems "glitchy." Keep us posted.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't yet heard from Perfect Pass and am still having all these behaviors. I'm going to email them again to see what they say.
Can I see a picture of the display whenever you get a chance. Thinking of installing one.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
RideSteady. Best there is.

--

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've installed and used both..ripped out the Perfect Pass.
Ridesteady all the way..

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
PP on the 1.8’s must work better as I don’t have any issues.