• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pets on a boat!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Most of you know Chester from the other forum. He is a blast on the boat. Very considerate but still a lovable boxer. We had such good luck with him from a puppy on. He is 5 and a half now and still a great dog. He has always been our best pottier in terms of never having accidents and always letting us know when he has to go. He starts doing the dance of running from us to the door and back, over and over. On the boat, he does the same thing except he can't find the door! So he runs from the bow to the swim deck. I finally figured it out early on...and made him stay on the swimdeck and told him to go potty. It didn't take more than a few commands to get him to do it. He still didn't much like doing it, "on HIS boat", but he does if I am stern with him.:grumpy: (need a stern smiley!) He never tore up the vinyl and he was a joy on our boat with us. A few pics of Chester on the Nauti Dawg...
DSCN0564resize.JPG
Never leave a beer unattended...it is tough getting his tongue unstuck from your bottle!DSCN0565 (Medium).JPG
And if your in the water, he wants in! Boxers aren't good swimmers, just like his mommy and daddy, he likes protect himself from the sun and just float...DSCN0735cropped.JPGChester is glad your here as are we all!jetboaters.jpg

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure how our puggles would do on the boat but Chester was a PRO! These pictures are GREAT Mel!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You will be surprised Danny, he (she) will do fine when he stops sniffing (traces of Chester!) the boat!

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They won't go near the swimming pool so it wouldn't be a matter of jumping out but maybe this summer we will try it.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those pictures are adorable...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If nothing else, it will be humorous as all git-out! Will probably stay close to one of you. Get a life jacket that fits and go for it! Pull up on a beach and watch the fun. They actually love a shore where they can run and get in the water without fear of falling in.
DSCN0603resize.JPG
DSCN0606resize.JPG

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OMG! How did I miss this post? This is great! I love he pics of Chester! Adorable!
We're going to get some life vests for my babies and take them out this summer.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome pics Mel. Cant wait to get some action pics with our chocolate lab Lucy!

Chris Tronzano

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg Looking forward to taking our new friend out on the boat. We adopted him last weekend from the dfw golden retriever rescue. He had an amputation surgery 4 weeks ago to remove is left front leg. He was found wandering with an extremely damaged leg. They believe he may of fell or jumped from a truck. The vet says some of the best exercise he can get is swimming. So far there is not much he can't do.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My lazy dog for Halloween.20131031_172245.jpg.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We love the pooch pics! Keep em coming!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay...I'm going to try and post my very first pics! here goes...Here is Max and Mia...by little Puggles :) soon to be boaters
image.jpg
image.jpg

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not the best picture but her name is Zoe. She is a siberian husky. Anyone have issues with their dogs messing up the vinyl seats? I cut her nails but I would be concerned she would ruin the interior.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
They have dog booties out there, but I really don't think they are necessary at all. You can try to teach them to stay on the floor but Chester always wants to lay with us and we let him when he is calm. But he hears things and jumps up...and never an issue. He is a 75 pound boxer and his nails are no sharper than your husky's...that said, I would definitely either cut them or dremel them dull if you knew you were heading to the boat a few times a year. They are super companions on a boat. The hair will be a bigger issue than the nails...and it is all washable. Kind of like enjoying carpet...if it gets wet, it is more work...but if you enjoy carpet??? then you put up with it. You enjoy Zoe, right? There is your answer! Zoe at the lake, will add depth to your enjoyment of the boat, the lake, your family, and of Zoe of course! Nice looking husky!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg Here's an old pic of the only time we had our dog "Maggie" on the boat. She's a pug/Maltese mix. Her younger sister "Mazie" a puggle will never see the boat, she's just plain crazy!!!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aw..she's adorable. You have to post a pic of Mazie...would love to see her. Mia is pretty crazy too, thats one reason I'm a bit concerned about taking her out. I think Max would do okay..he's more laid back.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a few pics of Mazie.
IMG_3135.jpg
IMG_2400.jpg

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OMG! She is absolutely adorable!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OMG! She is absolutely adorable!
Yeah, those pics were taken over a year ago. She was a cute pup for sure. Once the kids saw her, there was no way I could say no and still be allowed back in the house.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still wondering if this one will get out on the boat. Now 130 pounds

upload_2014-3-3_6-49-34.png