• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Phone holder inside diameter

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I've had a Galaxy S6 since it came out and I might break down and buy a new phone since I've been having some odd quirks with this one lately, beyond just the normal old battery challenges. I don't have access to my boat at the moment since it's sitting inside at my dealer's storage facility, so I was wondering if anyone who has a 2018+ with the phone holder to the right of the connext display, can tell me what the inside diameter is when you open it all the way. Will help me figure out what size phone I should get that will still work in the stock holder on my 242 LSE. Thanks!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same boat as yours and mine is also in storage (100+ miles from home) until the boating season. I have the biggest I-Phone made and its in an Otter Box case. Outside width of my phone plus case is 3 3/8". I have to spread the phone holder on boat ALL the way out to get it in and it barely retracts. I would guess that 3 1/2 " would be about the max ?

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same boat as yours and mine is also in storage (100+ miles from home) until the boating season. I have the biggest I-Phone made and its in an Otter Box case. Outside width of my phone plus case is 3 3/8". I have to spread the phone holder on boat ALL the way out to get it in and it barely retracts. I would guess that 3 1/2 " would be about the max ?
Perfect! Thanks for the info. I was considering an S20, and the biggest one of those is only 3". So if I do go with that or a similar sized phone, I should be good. 'Preciate the help!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Enjoy the new boat & the new phone !! lol