• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Picked up the new AR190 yesterday!

CTC386

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, after a VERY long winter and wait, I finally picked up my 2014 AR190. I must say, so far, I'm very happy with my choice.

I ended up trading in my 17' 2001 Glastron I/O with a 4.3L V-6. The AR seems to have a lot more power/ pick up, even though the 4.3 had a little more HP. I'm very surprised at how fast this thing gets up on plane and to speed. It seems like all of a sudden I'll be doing 30-35mph, when with the other I would be doing around 25mph. Awesome so far.

The manuvering at higher speeds is simply great. With the other boat I never made quick turns because of cavitation. With this, just turn the wheel however much you desire and there you go. Sliding the boat has been pretty fun so far too.

One thing I'm a bit surprised with is the engine noise. I know people have said it's loud, but I guess it's really almost what I expected, so not "unhappy" with it. It does seem to be a little "clunkier" when starting and stopping than what I'm used to (I'm assuming this is normal?).
As for control, at the sea trial trying to dock, yikes... Not good. Then a different guy came on board and showed me that I need to dock using "no wake mode." Tried once and was a little better. When we got back to our lake I was able to fully try the boat out for a few hours (the sea trial place was super choppy). When we went in last night to dock, bam, first try and I aced it.
One of the best things of the day was when we came home last night. This whole time I've been under the assumption that I was going to have to raise my garage door to get her to fit (7' door). We have a decent incline that I have to back up that goes right into our garage, so I figured with the angles, maybe she'd fit. She wasn't perfectly level on the trailer, so I was a little nervous of that as well. Had the lady get in the boat while I backed in. The port side went in with ease, the starboard side cleared by roughly a 1/4". SUPER close, but fit. We were both so happy that we wouldn't have to spend another couple grand on the garage door raise!

A few questions... Do you guys blow the water out of the engines every time after you're done boating? Is ten hours the true time for break in of the motor? What RPM range should I be staying within for break in (I know I have to vary it constantly). Do you take the clean out plug out after every outing (the dealer said no, just once and awhile so it doesn't get debris built up and get stuck).

Regarding your questions:
1) "Blow out water" ? What exactly do you mean ? Do you mean FLUSH ? Depends on whether you boat in fresh water or salt water. Where d you boat regularly ?
2) BREAK IN PERIOD: You are not supposed to exceed some specified RPM's for some period of time. To be sure, ask your dealer. But you are not supposed to run them wide open for at least the first hour of use, I believe.
Both good questions - And for Warranty purposes, asking your dealer is the BEST way to get exacting answers. Glad you're here, and enjoy your new Yammie !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Congrates on your new purchase, we love ours, 30 hours already since Feb, and we don't even live where the boat is kept :(.

I'd be pretty strict on the 10 hour service since new engines can accumulate some swarf in the oil.
I didn't WOT mine, only briefly to get up on the plan.

As for the clean out plugs and water elimination, just do as Yamaha suggest ;)

image.jpg

Yay.....nice write up....I am doing my first sea trial Wednesday.... 3 more sleeps

Blow out excess water (Yes, every time) ( I do not flush but maybe every third outing. I boat on lake water)
Ten hour service (most will tell you between 10-20 hours is good and is standard practice)
Break in ( just as the book states)
Clean out plugs ( remove when out of water, wipe dry and lay across the hole) (recommend e-z locks or tru-locks)

Enjoy the new Toy.

Congrats!!! And enjoy

Congrats. Enjoy your summer.

:Welcome:, Congrats, and pictures please! :winkingthumbsup"

The break in is discussed in detail in your owners manual. The engine blow out of water after each use is also discussed, but it simply says to quickly rev your engines one at a time briefly to blow any left over water out of them. If you boat in salt water, the routine is more extensive of course. I always take my clean out plugs out and let them dry out in between use of the boat. This is just what works for me. Congrats on your new boat. Enjoy and be safe.

Back