• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Disregard

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look at the link in my signature for known issues

Try to get an hour reading with a yds unit,

Get a test ride

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Last edited:

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same boat and love it. Are you in PA? One thing to watch out on big water like Erie is taking water over the bow when the water is rough, the bow on these boats slope down a little so you can take water on more easily - I've done it on the Susquehanna river when the wind picks up. The good thing is that the cockpit is self draining out the scupper valve in the transom so no a big issue. Check to see if the scupper is stainless steel as well (it's plastic from the factory), I get a lot less water coming out of the drain plug after I changed mine out. Also check out the info on steering assist systems like Cobra or Thrust Vectors since the jet boats steer differently from IO's. Have Fun!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the group.
Make sure to post pics if you end up getting it.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all,

Going to pick up a 2008 AR230. Looks extremely clean, only 150 hours total. Anything I should look out for, or be aware of, on the water test? I previously have had 23-27' I-O's so I understand this will be a big change. Any suggestions? Mainly plan to boat in lake erie.
I have boated Lake Erie before with this hull (sx230) and its fine. IF you have a southerly wind.

When the lake gets rough, I found my crew got a little green. I thought it was great! As long as you know the weather and the lake you will love it. Last trip up to Vermillion, I saw several jetting on Erie, pulling tubes and the like.

Post pictures so we can see.

Check to be sure the scupper is Stainless Steel and not stock plastic. If it’s stock, that’s something you will want to address for sure.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like Orange Yamaha's...but then again, I am biased. Welcome to the forum.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One other thing I really like about my boat is the previous owner replaced the carpet with seadek which is much nicer IMO. It saves having to pull up the carpet to dry out after a day on the water and it's easy on the feet. It's pricey but there's an annual group buy on here from JetBoatPilot that can save you some money. My wife loves the seadek so much that if and when we ever upgrade, the new boat must have it as well (we have 3 kids in college so that's not going to be anytime soon).

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Last edited:

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just added this to my shopping cart. Thought about doing it in orange.

Those are the Blacktip mats which are a fair amount cheaper than the seadek. You might to a search on here to see what others have said about them since I don't have any experience with that brand. I believe suke had them on his old boat. If they're comparable quality to seadek, they're a steal, the seadek cost 4 times that.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should strongly consider a second bilge pump and high water alarm

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of the small things I like the most was I switched the placement of the radio and no wake switches to get the radio up where you didn’t have to be sitting on the floor to see it. 73AECD59-54FC-49CC-B951-5C9B547F90AD.jpeg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome news guys, thanks for the scupper insight, will check out asap.

Ive been searching the forum for modifications. Apparently there is nothing to do for power increase, right? I saw some people talking about removing the ribbon but I think that was for the older model boats?

We're going to replace the radio, speakers, and dash.
Looks like a nice clean boat! I did see the plastic scupper in the pics. You need to address that; search in the forum to get background on scupper valves.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should strongly consider a second bilge pump and high water alarm

If you are trailering, I'd say you are OK to hold off on those. If you are wet-slipping her, you definitely want bilge that is driven by a float switch.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just added this to my shopping cart. Thought about doing it in orange.

go for seadeck - check out the mat sets at jetboatpilot.com

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome news guys, thanks for the scupper insight, will check out asap.

Ive been searching the forum for modifications. Apparently there is nothing to do for power increase, right? I saw some people talking about removing the ribbon but I think that was for the older model boats?

We're going to replace the radio, speakers, and dash.
Stereo upgrade -- > Here’s my install thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2007-sx-230-stereo-upgrade.8206/

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awesome guys thank you! Has anyone replaced the rocker switch covers? Are they contura II or III's ?