• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pickup my boat yesterday :-)

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picked up a new old stock 2016 yesterday and love it. I wanted to say thanks to all on this forum as it was amazing to be able to do my research basically in one place. I waited to see if the 2018 would have some big changes and when it did not we pulled the trigger on the 2016 as it was a good price.

We are moving up from a small 13 Boston Whaler that has a 40hp on the back so this is a big upgrade. While the dogs love the whaler they really like the FSH. The fact that the little one can run around the centre console is a big plus for her :) Our bigger one has takes the front console seat as her place so all is good.

This will be a lake boat as we are located up in Ontario, Canada. Next spring going to enter a bass fishing league/tournament that runs every other Sunday in the summer in the area where our camp is. Asked my buddy if anyone runs a center console, nope. Going to be the odd boat out and easy to spot with all the flat black bass boats with 225 hanging off the back.

We will run the boat for a few more weeks then take it back to store for the winter. Next spring will look to start the mod process.

Any other Canadian owners?

Attachments

Last edited:

smack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Congrats Puzle - nice looking dogs (I have a black labradoodle that loves the water and is very similar looking). I used to boat up on Simcoe when I lived in Ontario (now in Dallas). You are going to love the shallow draft on the Yammie in some of those Northern Ontario lakes.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm near Port Dover on Lake Erie. I also bought a non-current 2016 from Fenlon Falls Marina. The FSH is pretty rare in Ontario and you will get lots of questions.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat @puzle

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in Ancaster. Fish on like O, trolling for salmon or Erie off long point. Let's conect and meet up.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Another day out on the lake getting used to the "suggested steering" of the jet :)

@smack Nice. Our dogs love it, the jet washdown helps cool them off.

@Thompsbren we also bought from FFM

@Kahuna Khris How does the boat perform on Lake O and Erie? We are located up in Haliburton, Ontario so a bit of a drive to Ancaster. Having said that we might head down and try Lake Ontario for a day trip next year.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations!. I purchased a left over 2016 myself just a few weeks ago. I've gotten a lot of compliments as no one has really ever seen one before.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Tailwaters So far the neighbours who have a bowrider love how open and functional everything thing is. I truly think that this a great boat with the Fish/Play and it is not just marketing hype.
I have been reading your posts (and lots of others) prior to us pulling the trigger. I was also happy to see Yamaha extending the FSH to 21' made me feel they are behind this line and not just going to drop it in a few years.

Last edited:

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Another day out on the lake getting used to the "suggested steering" of the jet :)

@smack Nice. Our dogs love it, the jet washdown helps cool them off.

@Thompsbren we also bought from FFM

@Kahuna Khris How does the boat perform on Lake O and Erie? We are located up in Haliburton, Ontario so a bit of a drive to Ancaster. Having said that we might head down and try Lake Ontario for a day trip next year.
Up on Stoney Lake in Peterborough for upcoming weekend. Jack Lake looks amazing so might try to fish on Sunday or Monday. Boat is great on Lake O as long as wind not too high. Think the boat is underpowered but never lack confidence on big water.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat. I like the FSH the more I look at them, Center Consoles in general are growing on me. Wish you many happy hours of boating!

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like it will be an amazing weekend. Good to hear about lake o. I can see how the boat is a little under powered. There was also a sx192 for sale that had the more powerful engine. Weird it is not an option. Having said that for what I will be doing it will be fine and if it can use less gas all the better.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Center Consoles in general are growing on me.
I have always wanted a center console and was looking at used Boston Whalers as I love them. But with the FSH you get a LOT more for your money. My wife was not sure if she would like the CC but after the test ride she was hooked. We went back and forth sitting in the sx192 and the FSH was an easy decision.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also bought a left over 2016 FSH Sport in the Seattle Area and get lots of looks and complements everywhere I go. I've put twice as many hours on the boat in a month as i had on the Jet Ski in two years. Great boat, love it