• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pinopolis Lock Run Saturday May 8th 2021

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As we all start to get ready for boating season I figured I would throw out info for this year Cooper River Run. This is an awesome 130 mile round trip run starting in Charleston SC running up the Cooper River and entering Lake Moultrie through the Pinopolis Lock which is a 75 foot single lift lock and is a sight to see. The Cooper River Runs about 58 miles through the remote and beautiful South Carolina low country and is an awesome run mostly in protected waters with great scenery and wildlife along the way. This year we will be doing a one day round trip Starting from WO Thomas boat landing in Charleston SC . We will depart from WO. Thomas at 9:00 am so all boats will need to be in the water prior to that. We should arrive to the lock around aprox 12:30 and will plan to have a packed lunch on lake Moultrie then refuel as necessary and return to Charleston likely around 5pm. A call will be made to the lock operator at 8am the day of to verify operation if for weather reasons the lock is not operating the run will still happen but we will stop short of the lock have lunch and return. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to @Andy S or I. This event is open to anyone feel free to tag anyone I missed. There will be no official hotel at this time but since we are doing a one day trip your options are open my boat will spend Saturday night at Charleston City Marina and I will stay at the Marriott in Downtown Charleston.

Saturday May 8th
Depart WO Thomas 9:00 am
Pinopolis Lock 12:30
Lunch on Lake Lake Marion 1:00pm
Return trip 2:30 pm

lakemap_chartocolachannel.jpg

@andy07sx230ho @sealavie @Shannon
@robert843 @Mark @Monterro
@DieselCamel @Julian
@veedubtek @96Pirate
@bronze_10 @justason
@tim h @tdonoughue
@JROD @NC_Mid_Atlantic @NC_New_Bern_to_Beaufort
@ACrews @Eric Ballard
@waterboy @AndyD
@spaz1868 @Jet Blue
@Seadeals @redthumper9
@njmr2fan @Rideitout
@rkluck @Rob9550
@Ramblin Wreck @jeremy0011
@Wisefam22

Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are set to camp already this weekend enjoy the run its a fun trip.

I am going to look at doing the bimini fling with Andy before we head to marathon for the week (Jun 24-27).

Wife asked where the money is coming from but didn't say we couldn't add an extra 3 days to our vacation.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seems I am free that weekend. Probably about time to make it to a get together!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Damn, think I’m booked that weekend...... NC state football championships are May 8. My daughter is on dance team so assuming they win this Friday, I’ll be at the champ game.

Did this last summer with my family and loved it. If you haven’t made the run, do it!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You guys end up doing this? Go Well?

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an old post. But is anyone planning to do this run again? Or even in reverse?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to…. My wife and I just talked about doing a long weekend in Charleston and doing it again.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I have never done it. I think it would be a blast. I think we would love to do an overnight run since we would be coming from north of winston salem nc.