• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pipe insulation over windows for towing

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can’t remember who asked me to post the picture of the pipe insulation on my windshield but here it is before and after cover installed. Has worked very well so far and was a very cheap “mod”.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nice. I cut a slit into a pool noodle. Doesn't wrap all the way around but is centered over the main part of the window.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do the same thing on my 190 except I use (3) pool noodles :D

Your solution looks nicer with more coverage than mine.

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do the same thing on my 190 except I use (3) pool noodles :D

Your solution looks nicer with more coverage than mine.
About $6 for three 8’ sections cut up to fit.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Please forgive my question, I am curious if I need to do this, but what problem does this particular mod solve in regards to our boat?

Any help is appreciated,

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Helps prevent tearing of mooring cover when towing at highway speeds, also do not use poles while towing. Do some searches on forum about towing with covers.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Helps prevent tearing of mooring cover when towing at highway speeds, also do not use poles while towing. Do some searches on forum about towing with covers.
I did read about the poles while towing....the tearing makes sense also...thanks for the help

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Can’t remember who asked me to post the picture of the pipe insulation on my windshield but here it is before and after cover installed. Has worked very well so far and was a very cheap “mod”.
@RobinSC .....this is one of those awesome practical ideas that really works. I have been doing this since the 90s and never had the thin wear spots or tears that happen to trailering covers - particularly where the windshield "pieces" meet.