• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plastic POS Peeholes!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So the 6 guide posts on our Floe lift are covered in PVC. But still they seemed to have mashed the peeholes on our 242 LS

They could have been that way when purchased, or they may have met up with a dock. Either way it was time to replace them.

I wanted something stronger, and was reading tons of threads guessing their size. I think we agreed that the inside diameter was 3/8”. And that was correct. But the diameter of the hole they are mounted in is much larger than expected. So I got a little creative.

Let’s be real, they will never have any real stress on them and they are attached to the coolant hoses with hose clamps so either 3/8 or 1/2” would have worked fine. That’s telling me they are 1/2” hoses or just stretched out.

This is an easy install and hardest part was trying to hold them on the outside while tightening on the inside. Then lining them up so they look nice. The factoey ones are keyed so that they line up and will not spin

I think these will work. Time to go test and see if I fill my cabinet with cooling water!

I think the blue anodized looks good. I lined them up a bit after the last photo. I also need to hit them with Goo Gone from the tape I used to hold them during install

Attachments

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So after the trail run, buy 1/2”, not 3/8. I had to wrap these nozzles and then re-clamp them as the pressure was leaking a bit on the inside. They are working perfect right now though. So they can be made to work. But there is minimal cost difference.

Oh, and my hull is in need of a good cleaning and wax. It’s that time of year to get it off the lift for a thoughough wash/wax. Then that anodized blue will look good against the hull.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
did you use the little rubber gaskets that were behind the originals? Was there any work needed to round out the holes or the key notch?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great questions.

Since I bought the 3/8" instead of the half, I had to actually build up the diameter of the new insert. So I used the rubber washers to hold them in place once I tightened up the backing nut.

This allowed me to keep them in place even though the hole was bigger. But I also didn't have to touch the hole, or do any fiberglass work to make it fit. I had my buddy hold them in place while I tightened with a socket wrench on the inside. He also put a phillips screwdriver in the hole to help keep it from twisting when tightening. I lined them up perfectly after the fact.

These do look nice once done, and will look better once I pull my boat off the lift for it's full fall wash - buff - wax. It is so overdue and I am so anal. It's driving me nuts as dirty as it is.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since there was one like added to this thread, I felt a one year follow up was necessary.

After a period of time, the quality between these cheapo's and the ADA racing outlets is probably the anodized finish. As my cheapo's the finish has ran. It looks as if it was done with water color, and now they have a tie-dyed effect in the blue finish. It's not horrible, but they are not perfect either.

Good luck everyone!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since there was one like added to this thread, I felt a one year follow up was necessary.

After a period of time, the quality between these cheapo's and the ADA racing outlets is probably the anodized finish. As my cheapo's the finish has ran. It looks as if it was done with water color, and now they have a tie-dyed effect in the blue finish. It's not horrible, but they are not perfect either.

Good luck everyone!
Can you post a close up pic if you have one? Thx

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Only of the original install, that is posted above. She's put to bed for the winter. I will see her again in April/May. BRING ON THE SNOW!!!

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had to take a dremel with 80 grit to the two coolant outlet holes in the glass. The OE holes were just ever so slightly too small. Maybe the depth of the threads on the ADA fittings if that. However, you could easily reinstall the original ones if you had to (don't know why anyone ever would as inexpensive as they are).

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you have to modify anything or where they an exact fit?
The bypass outlets had to be reamed out a bit due to the bigger fittings. It was easy. Watch the video that was posted up above for a quick tutorial.

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following

Looks like I know my next small project when the boat comes out of storage in the next few weeks.