• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Platinum boat trailers, any experience? (Trailer ordered and received)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just received a quote for a new aluminum trailer from Platinum Boat Trailers,aluminum boat trailers, custom built aluminum boat trailers
The quote is very reasonable and they can have it delivered to OK next weekendšŸ˜³ every other quote I have gotten from up to 10 hours around me have been a decent amount more and it will take at least 2 months to build, then Iā€™d have to go get it.

Has anyone had any experience at all with this company? I canā€™t find anything negative about them....

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm interested in them, as they seem to be pretty close to me. Did they offer you a better price than listed on their site?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like they are all bolted together vs welded which is probably how they build them so fast. Iā€™d just wonder about if you need to re-torque bolts very often from road vibrations.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just paid a deposit on it. I talked to the salesman, he said they had a load going to MO and OK thatā€™s why they could get it here so quick. He said a load for them is at least 4 trailers, dealers in OK and this area are starting to order more so they will have loads coming this way every couple weeks.

I was in TX the last 10 days for work, I called a dealer while I was there, they sell Platinum trailers, he quoted me $2K more than direct from Platinum, and thatā€™s delivered to my house.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s a good idea to check bolts frequently, just like checking any bolts on other types of trailers. seems like most aluminum trailers are bolted together from the ones I see. A while back I tried to find a place I could just order the kit or parts and put it together myself, but I never found anywhere that would sell it like that.
@BlkGS the price is pretty much the same, I added all stainless hardware and elec over hydraulic brakes. The price is still lower than I got quoted from just about anywhere here in middle America, Without add ons.

Hopefully it works out. Iā€™ve been trailer shopping for about 3-4 years.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They appear to be very nice trailers at a great price for being custom and aluminum. I wouldn't hesitate getting one. They have a Yamaha on one of their trailers in their photo gallery.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dude said they had the measurements for 230ā€™s, and it should be set correctly when I get itšŸ‘

They appear to be very nice trailers at a great price for being custom and aluminum. I wouldn't hesitate getting one. They have a Yamaha on one of their trailers in their photo gallery.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received my trailer. Driver called me and said he was about 30 minutes from town, Iā€™m at my sonā€™s baseball game, so I met him in the parking lot and helped him unload it.
Iā€™m excited to get the boat on it.
Bonus pic from the ball field with rainbow just nowšŸ‘F223D413-83B5-42C1-AA00-0F12376C8F9A.jpegE8DC0E2F-75F5-4570-BF77-6981B9681748.jpeg8C8B68A2-E0C6-4DCA-8D93-2477DF8C6D4E.jpeg80BE888C-4280-4C05-AF72-0631601027A0.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK....2 questions.

1. How did you unload one off the top of the other? You guys body builders and just lift it off or is there a cool technique the driver had?

2. Is that a little league field? Like HOLY CRAP that's nice for little league!

*edit*.....I lied, I have another question.

Why did you need/want a new aluminum trailer? Old one fail? Just wanted some new farkeling for under the boat?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK....2 questions.

1. How did you unload one off the top of the other? You guys body builders and just lift it off or is there a cool technique the driver had?

Why did you need/want a new aluminum trailer? Old one fail? Just wanted some new farkeling for under the boat?
1. The driver has a F-350 flatbed with a fairly large knuckle boom. He unhooks from the trailer, parks beside it, hooks a sling to the top one and lifts/swings it around to the other side of his truck. He said he started with 8 trailers on this trip. Mine is on the bottom of these 2, mine was the one on the road from Dallas to here with the one trailer on top. I thought I took a pic of his truck, but I guess I didnā€™t.

2. Itā€™s a memorial field built by some family from Enid. The school uses it for middle and high school practice and games, they hold some college level games on it. It is super nice! I was shocked the first time I went to pick my 8th grader up from practice!

3. My 2009 MFI trailer was perfect when I bought the boat in 2013. It was up by lake Allatoona. I lived in Panama City at the time, I knew it wouldnā€™t last too awful long in the salt water, but I tried my best to make it last as long as possible. 2 years of salt water use then we moved to Texas and was fresh water only since then. The corrosion from the inside out has been getting worse and worse. it only got used a couple times from 2018-2020 since I was in Italy and my brother kept it near Texoma. It is to the point now I would be very nervous traveling very far with it.
I wanted aluminum because I have no idea where we will wind up living next and we plan on taking trips every now and then to salt water anyway. Some of the quotes I got for a steel trailer around here were more than this aluminum onešŸ˜³. Even with my upgrades of electric over hydraulic brakes and all stainless hardware.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my brother kept it near Texoma
Texoma is almost as bad as saltwater. I have a fair amount of rust on my trailer from dipping it in and not driving far to storage for a few years. It's mainly cosmetic on the wheels and there's some bubbling in the paint on the cross members.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK....2 questions.

This is why I got a new trailer. The last pic is a hole I pushed in with my thumb, no telling what I would cave in with the tap of a hammer!
I got the boat on the new trailer today, I think I need to move the main bunks part about an inch, one side has a half inch sitting on the edge of the chine.

the closest ramp is a little over an hour away, my wife towed the new trailer up there and I towed the boat, I told her I was taking the long way that adds about 35-40 minutes because the road is much smoother, thatā€™s how much I didnā€™t trust the trailer.
2073EDC2-9ABB-4684-ADF3-9F4D98D402CE.jpeg6D30AF1B-B29B-4EAF-AB27-B33CF679669A.jpegFF23D0FB-3F77-4AB1-A9BE-3E8C597E85A1.jpeg

YamiHA16240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any update on this trailer since you have now had it for a few months? I am in the market for a new trailer also, these look very intriguing.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any update on this trailer since you have now had it for a few months? I am in the market for a new trailer also, these look very intriguing.
I wouldnā€™t hesitate to buy another onešŸ‘
i Had to move the bunks apart about 1ā€,other than that it was set perfect for my boat, of course I had to attach The bow post and guide posts.

it tows great, I got the electric over hydraulic brakes and I love them!
The company was responsive and great to deal withā€¦.I definitely recommend them.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Man those bolts would make me nervous. OTOH, you could always repair it or move the axles a little bit if you wanted to get the tongue load just right.

YamiHA16240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldnā€™t hesitate to buy another onešŸ‘
i Had to move the bunks apart about 1ā€,other than that it was set perfect for my boat, of course I had to attach The bow post and guide posts.

it tows great, I got the electric over hydraulic brakes and I love them!
The company was responsive and great to deal withā€¦.I definitely recommend them.
Thats good to know. I got a quote today from them. Thinking Iā€™ll pull the trigger on it.

They said 4-6 week timeframe depending on when it can be delivered. Price is almost exactly what I was quoted for a new shorlander steel trailer and they said 4-6 months lead time.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Besides rust free, does a lighter trailer pull better? I love the thought of electronic brakes too. Surge drives me insane.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Besides rust free, does a lighter trailer pull better? I love the thought of electronic brakes too. Surge drives me insane.
I donā€™t think it pulls better because itā€™s lighter, I donā€™t know exact weights but I bet this aluminum trailer is about the same as my old MFI weight wise.
It definitely pulls better because of the torsion axles, not nearly the bounce that the spring axles had. Elec over hydraulic brakes is worth every penny to me, Platinum had the lowest price for that up grade compared to every other quote I got.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats good to know. I got a quote today from them. Thinking Iā€™ll pull the trigger on it.

They said 4-6 week timeframe depending on when it can be delivered. Price is almost exactly what I was quoted for a new shorlander steel trailer and they said 4-6 months lead time.
I donā€™t regret a single thing about the order! Super fast delivery compared to any other companyā€¦the others I got a quote from didnā€™t deliver, but most were 12 weeks at least just to get one available when I was calling around.