• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help me understand Rotax 4-TEC engine life and supercharger rebuilds

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When I start seriously looking for used boats in January, 2016+ 195/215 Scarabs will be on my list. As I’m close to retirement, I hope to put quite a few hours on my new (to me) boat.

I believe that depending on the model/year, engines options include 150 hp normally aspirated and 200/250/300 hp supercharged engines.

What is the normal life expectancy of the NA and Supercharged Rotax engines in a jetboat? I don’t know if it’s true, but I have read that 400-500 hours is what is expected in a PWC?

It’s not clear to me the supercharger rebuild schedule. Is the supercharger rebuild for certain model years, pre-2018? What frequency for the rebuilds (every 200 hours)? Estimated cost? For the newer superchargers, are they maintenance free?

Thanks,

Jim