• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please Help w/ Seat Cushion and Cover

Jeff G

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading to the lake this past weekend my cover shredded. It had a small tear that didn't hold. After removing it my #4 seat cushion, by the glove compartment, decided to fly out on the highway without me seeing it.

Anyone know of a source for a used seat cushion or full cover for a 2006 AR210? I already asked @JetBoatPilot and he was unable to assist on this one. I probably find new for $1000 but I am hoping there is a better option somewhere and you guys can help. Is there a salvage yard that anyone knows about? I'm in Charlotte NC.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about this. that seat has a small plastic L clip on the understand, held in by 2 screws. one will loosen, allowing it to spin and no longer clip in under the edge. I know this cause I saw mine just as it went airborne.

I have a 2009 212x, assuming we have the same size seat, I offer this idea: The base of these seats I believe is starboard, available on amazon and other sources.

using mine as a template we could outline a new shape, then bring it to an upholstery shop to have it cushioned and covered. There's an elder gentleman up the road from me I've used a long time ago...I can see if he's still around, he re-covered seats on a former boat for me. matching the vinyl is another challenge.....

traceing an outline would most likely come in oversized. another idea is to template off mine onto plywood, trim it down to size by placing it in the boat, pass it off to the upholsterer them.......OR simply, trace it to paper and mail it to you to take it from there......how are you with jigsaws, and such ? If any of these have merit met me know, we'll turn it into a phone call and work it out.

ref : https://www.amazon.com/Seaboard-Density-Polyethylene-Finish-Length/dp/B00JPH9U50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527269787&sr=8-1&keywords=starboard

sadly, looking at partzilla, that cusion shows unavailable....not sure where to find that latch.....something maybe could be hacked up there ?

Jeff G

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@justason thanks a lot! I'm going to see if I can find a salvage/used replacement first and then if not I'll have to have it made/make it. I appreciate the offer of the template! I actually have access to another AR210 in town that I can borrow a seat from to create a template if that's the root I need to take. I guess I'm going to have to find a local upholstery shop.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason thanks a lot! I'm going to see if I can find a salvage/used replacement first and then if not I'll have to have it made/make it. I appreciate the offer of the template! I actually have access to another AR210 in town that I can borrow a seat from to create a template if that's the root I need to take. I guess I'm going to have to find a local upholstery shop.
The upholstery is still an option here. Take a few stamps if need be. I’ll stop by the guys house tomorrow

triplet_dad777

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss. I encountered the same cushion being blown out. Had a guy in Orlando make me a new one shipped to me for $300. He does upholstery and happened to have a 210 in his shop to make a template. Doesn’t fully color match but I’m happy to have a cushion again.

Attachments

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is the culprit that fails, allowing the cushion to free float. The screw mount get stressed when you dont pull the cushion aft of it first. Be sure to replace this with any new seat
68E155D9-4149-483D-BBFD-9D3D93B6849E.jpeg

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the culprit that fails, allowing the cushion to free float. The screw mount get stressed when you dont pull the cushion aft of it first. Be sure to replace this with any new seat
View attachment 75352
I attached self stick velcro to all cushions....the very aggressive adhesive type. Works great. I've had to replace a couple of strips over a few years but they ain't flying out!

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry for your loss. I encountered the same cushion being blown out. Had a guy in Orlando make me a new one shipped to me for $300. He does upholstery and happened to have a 210 in his shop to make a template. Doesn’t fully color match but I’m happy to have a cushion again.
@triplet_dad777 What is the name of the shop in Orlando?

Jeff G

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone, I found a replacement online, maybe the last in the country and I'll let you know how it goes.

C_Patterson10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jeff, I have a 2007 Yamaha sx210 and I am also missing cushion 4, part number f1t-u375-11-00. You said you found one, but never updated, did you find one? Where did you get it from? And what was the price? Thanks in advance

Jeff G

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the very late response. I found one on ebay for a 2008 AR-210, different part number, as it has the wrong color piping. It fits and eventually I plan to have all of the seats redone.

triplet_dad777

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the very late response. I found one on ebay for a 2008 AR-210, different part number, as it has the wrong color piping. It fits and eventually I plan to have all of the seats redone.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you get it for. I’m just curious. Sure wish one was available when I needed one

Joshuamh2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
View attachment 75352
My “ culprit” piece broke what is this piece called? And is there anywhere to get a replacement?
Thanks
Josh