• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help!!!!

Matty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
So my challenger isn't starting and has a check engine light. Found it to be blowing the "gauges" fuse as soon as I connect the DESS. Looked a bit more And found that one of the plugs at the box on top of the airbox has a burn post and the wires are a bit charred. What is happening and how do I fix it??? I tried to attach pics but was unable.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My first guess was those 3 yellow wires are to your rectifier on your charging system so you probably have a bad field in your stator try eliminating that one bad yellow field wire and see if the boat runs . The only down side is each wire is 2 amps so it will only produce 4 amps total but it should run ok and keep the battery charged as long as you don't run a lot of electrical stuff off it.

Last edited:

Matty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Got a new rectifier and replaced the burnt plug and wire. Seems good. Still no gauges, but it runs! I will have a look at the stator out put though for sure! Thanks!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Glad I could help, hopefully it was just the rectifier if not it will do it again.

Matty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
For sure. When I tested the battery (which had been dying) it showed 12.6(ish) with no change from stopped, running and revved up. So it should have just been that. Time will tell. Will need to spend some time figuring the gauges out.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Clean all your electrical connections and especially the ones on the brain and the ground wires even check continuity as some will corrode internally and look just fine but have no wire left inside just powder. I had many sea doos in my time.

Matty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Sounds like a plan! Little one starts school in 2 days, so I will have lots of time back to do that stuff! Thanks for you're help!