• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please look on the July4th or May 4th trips. This thread will no longer be updated

What weekend worse best for you

• MemorialDay Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take Friday and Monday off if necessary)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • More or less any weekend ( can take either Friday OR Monday off if necessary)

• More or less any weekend ( cannot take off from work)

• Not Sure ( will post on the body of the thread on availability )

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So it looks like there is some itch among a few people such as @swatski @robert843 @Amar Nanduri @Berrie @Speedling ( and a few which I am forgetting now) to do the loop or at least parts of it.

If you want to to start speaking out loud desired dates and destination, I can can try to keep track.

Summer of 2019
ICW - FL-GA
ICQ - SC - NC
ICW - VA -NY

Erie Canal

Great Lakes

Chicago to St. Luis
St. Luis to Gulf

Louisiana to West FL

May trip during the Memorial Day weekend. Most likely this will be a Saturday departure with either evening arrival or Sunday arrival . We do not have the precise start and finish location, but most likely this is going to be a “guys” run from Chicago/Starved Rock to Grafton/St.Luis.

Members who have shown interest

@robert843

@swatski

@Amar Nanduri

@BigAbe75

@ACrews

@Speedling

@Mainah

@zipper

@2kwik4u

@Wisefam22

@Betik

July 4th week trip most likely will take place from June 29 Saturday with launch somewhere in Indiana. Head south relatively slow and stop whenever we feel like. You have to be prepared to sleep on your boat. We are planning to cover 300 miles in 5 days, so objective here is to enjoy the trip. We will most likely retrieve in Grafton/St.Luis. So far this will be more family( or couples) trip.

Members who have shown interest

@Berrie
@Betik

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn, left out of the loop again lol. The west coast of New England is a beautiful place. A waterway from NYC to Montreal and then the Seaway west to the Great Lakes.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it looks like there is some itch among a few people such as @swatski @robert843 @Amar Nanduri @Berrie @Speedling ( and a few which I am forgetting now) to do the loop or at least parts of it.

If you want to to start speaking out loud desired dates and destination, I can can try to keep track.

Summer of 2019
ICW - FL-GA
ICQ - SC - NC
ICW - VA -NY

Erie Canal

Great Lakes

Chicago to St. Luis
St. Luis to Gulf

Louisiana to West FL
Going south of St. Louis there is no gas past Hoppies marina in Kimmswick (close to my house in STL) for about 200 miles past Ohio river confluence in Cairo/Paducah, but going up - say STL, MO/Alton, IL up Mississippi and then Illinois river is way more doable. I would be happy to run w/whoever wants to show up around St. Louis up to Peoria, IL or so?

--

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Summer of 2019
ICW - FL-GA
ICQ - SC - NC
ICW - VA -NY

Erie Canal

Great Lakes

Chicago to St. Luis
St. Luis to Gulf

Louisiana to West FL
Looks like the Jetboaters group is itching for a different kind of adventure. This should be interesting :thumbsup:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going south of St. Louis there is no gas past Hoppies marina in Kimmswick (close to my house in STL) for about 200 miles past Ohio river confluence in Cairo/Paducah, but going up - say STL, MO/Alton, IL up Mississippi and then Illinois river is way more doable. I would be happy to run w/whoever wants to show up around St. Louis up to Peoria, IL or so?

--
I am kind of counting to use your backyard as staging area for trailers and boats ;) Would it be more more efficient to go south from Chicago to St.luis instead of of going north ?

I was thinking something like this...
Leave the weekend before and drop my boat to a marina in the Chicago area. Hopefully another member, @Speedling or @Berrie lunch and dock with me. My dad and I with take my trailer/truck and other members trailer/truck and bring south to swat land . My wife will pick up me and my dad from St. Luis. Then next Friday take the ski to where the boats are in Chicagoland. My bad drives back to Dallas. We depart Saturday for a week long trip. In St. Luis my wife will bring the trailer for the ski and the trucks/trailers will be waiting in St.luis. In this configuration, we could easily accommodate 10 to 15 peole. I am sure someone ( knock knock @robert843 ) will want to ride a ski for part of the trip.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn, left out of the loop again lol. The west coast of New England is a beautiful place. A waterway from NYC to Montreal and then the Seaway west to the Great Lakes.
I stand correct it. That alternative is beautiful, but I was trying to be very generic and simple.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would be happy to run w/whoever wants to show up around St. Louis up to Peoria, IL or so?

--
I would definitely do this!! Really, I’d be in for the Chicago to STL leg. Would also volunteer as a staging area, though I’m an hour north of Alton. (But right off the interstate.)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol yes @Betik I would ride a ski for parts. As mentioned in the other thread I have already started this trip this year I completed all of SC and GA. This puts @Ramblin Wreck and I having cleared both states and @Andy S and @ACrews only having to complete Charleston to Myrtle Beach to finish off those as well. I had planned to tackle NC this year as well but hurricanes got in the way. My plan for next year is either VA-NY or starting in Jacksonville Fl where I left off and going to Mobile AL. So far my plan would be to do either of those over a couple different weekends just picking up where I left off. Like if I did Florida next year it would be Jacksonville to St Lucie area one weekend, Then I would St Lucie to somewhere north of Tampa another weekend and hopefully finish the run to Mobile on a third weekend. As @swatski mentioned the stretches up in hos section get a little tougher as you tend to have to go some pretty good distances with access to fuel. Right now I plan to run skis those stretches as with 20 gallons on the back I'm pretty sure I can hit a range of 250-300 miles on a river. The great lakes and the river stretches I know very little about still as I have not really begun planing them yet. I have been studying up on Mobile through the Erie Canal so I'm a little more familiar with those stretches. I do know there is a 245 mile stretch on the river section with no fuel that will require either a fuel drop planned or really running it tight. We had planned to use @Andy S triton which had plenty of range but he opted to sell it before we could make the run lol.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik For safety reasons I would probably look at Portage Marina area in NW Indiana. I've lived in that area, and I wouldn't want to leave my boat in Chicago. From Portage to Chicago is 19 miles across Lake Michigan.
The logistical challenge you didn't describe is, after I drop off the boat, how do I get home, and after that back to Chicago with the family? We would HAVE to fly, as driving would leave our car there.
Details details details.... LOL

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like it is about a 400 mile trip on the water. Sounds like fun! Has anyone looked at accommodations on the way?
550 miles towing there - that's doable in one day - but barely.
On the way back it's only 5 hours for me.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik For safety reasons I would probably look at Portage Marina area in NW Indiana. I've lived in that area, and I wouldn't want to leave my boat in Chicago. From Portage to Chicago is 19 miles across Lake Michigan.
The logistical challenge you didn't describe is, after I drop off the boat, how do I get home, and after that back to Chicago with the family? We would HAVE to fly, as driving would leave our car there.
drop off boats ( Indiana or wherever @BigAbe75 recomands). My father heads for Swatkis's , You and I drive to your house with your track and trailer. After dropping you off, I drive your truck to swatki's. ( or somewhere in St. Luis). I redevouz with my dad and wife. Leave you truck and my truck and head toards dallas. After we make the run the tow back home with your truck that will be waiting in STLuis.

@BigAbe75 you drop the boat at the whatever marina we decide and drive to st. luis. Leave the truck in st. luis and on my way to Chicago, I will give you a ride back home. Then when we finsih the trip your truck and trailer is waiting for you in St Luis.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik you decide to pull it off I'm in. I will either bring the ski up or jump on someone elses vessel and throw them gas. @Andy S maybe down as well if the timing works for him.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Portage is very nice. We frequent there.
You guys could easily go upinto michigan and launch further north as well.
If not, michigan city is nice too but portage is my favorite.
I have travelled everything from michigan border to peoria before in pieces except i think the lock upstream of starved rock.
I don't think i would do the whole trip. Probably come down michigan coast to meet you all on my favorite spots, or do like starved rock to st louis. This is in part due to the fact that i told my parents we would do the chicago loop with them and i really do the south shore as much as possible.
In any case, i have never passed peoria.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
There are a few places along south shore to eat, one that i know of in chicago,and a bar near peoria.
Fuel in michigan city, portage hammond and by chicago and then a few places on the river. Many are seasonal but starved rock has a marina and peoria does as well.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling how long do you think it will take to run Chicago to Peoria?

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y'all have my attention

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I could be tempted into one of these. I will stay tuned to see how things progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.