• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plumbing drain for Yamaha swim deck cup holders

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last week I added cup holders to the swim deck of my Yamaha SX230. You can see the details at Installing Cup Holders on Yamaha SX230 Swim Deck.

I purchased 20 feet of 3/8" tubing, 1 foot of 3/4" tubing, a 3/4" tee, a 3/8" tee, a 3/8" to 1/2" pipe thread adapter, 5 3/4" stainless clamps and 6 3/8" stainless clamps.

I built a tee to add the two 3/8" drains to an existing 3/4" drain for the bilge access cover.

This is the tee. In the final version I used a piece of hose that I cut from the factory hose instead of the 3/4" clear tubing shown lower right.

CupHolderSplice.jpg

Then I installed 3/8" hose to each of the cup holders. I did not want to glue down the cup holders and risk getting silicone on the hydro teak so I wrapped them in duct tape until significant pressure was required to install. The deck is thick in this area so I expect them to hold. They are also prevented from flying out by the hose.

CupHolderSecured.jpg

I cut each 3/8" drain line to a length where it had a little slack and the hose was not kinked but short enough to limit any sagging that might trap water.

Here is a picture with all the hoses joined together. (In my first attempt I spliced to a black 3/4" hose coming from the engine compartment that I assumed to be a floor drain. Turns out it is an alternate path for the cooling indicator water that exits near the transducer cable. While it was fun to have water shooting out of the cup holders I decided to replumb to use the drain hose from the bilge access cover.)

CupHoldersSpliced.jpg

And this is what the cup holders look like

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well done!
Is that the drain from the clean out tray?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well done!
Is that the drain from the clean out tray?
Thanks! The clean out tray drain is on the starboard side, this one is on port. Looking at the parts diagram (HULL DRAIN FITTINGS) I believe it is parts 15 - 18. Part #15 is labeled floor drain assembly. I had planned to use the clean out tray drain but this one was more accessible.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhh...so that must be the drain under the gas tank hatch on our old classic boats.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I keep meaning to change those fittings out for stainless on mine. I did the stainless steel scupper and those sit lower.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Bruce, out of curiosity, since you won't be sealing the cups into the boat, have you sealed the edges of the hull where you made the cut? If not, I recommend that you brush some resin or epoxy liberally around the opening to seal the "wound" so to speak. That way you don't have to worry about water wicking into the hull and starting a delamination in that spot.