• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Polaroid Cube - I see a lot more video in our future

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
http://www.polaroid.com/cube

"This time around the brand is resonating with a generation whose parents experienced the first boom in analog instant photography. And now the company is trying to sustain that interest with the Cube, an adorably tiny HD action-video camera priced at $99 for kids who can’t afford a GoPro, which can cost two to four times as much."

At $100 a piece I can see lots of these on boats and great risks being taken with them!

image.jpg

That's cool, and I like the price. It says "weatherproof" , I wonder what exactly that means in terms of depth...

Pity they don't sell a whole kit with a bunch of the accessories....

I'm sure that's coming eventually. They will probably wait a while and then bundle with the most popular mounts.

I have a first or second generation GoPro - don't remember which - that you have to connect to a PC in order to see what the video was you shot. There is no LCD and no bluetooth/wifi natively built in. I have shot maybe 20 minutes of video on it in 3 years. The newer ones connect to your phone natively, which is a feature I'd love to have. I can't pull the trigger though because I have, what is basically a new GoPro.

I guess I'm a little too in need of instant gratification. If they put wifi or bluetooth on this, or had a "pro" version for $40 - $50 more, I'd be all over it.

I wonder what the video quality will be or if will look like a cheap camera with a cheap CMOS sensor? Still, the price makes it tempting.

As an owner of a go pro 3 hero plus black edition. 400$ It's cool , yah, but I made acouple of videos with my drone following me and stuff. I watched it 1 time and NEVER watched it again, I don't even want to too.

I heard about this a while ago. I think this is a great idea. I use my GoPro as my camcorder. I take it with the family and I all the time when we are out doing things. Not that I care about what people think but I get some goofy looks when I'm recording at places like the park or the zoo. GoPro is synonymous with "extreme" and this may off put some buyers (and the price) that could utilize this type of device for an array of things. I bet this little $99 camera will help fill that market. Looking forward to seeing the video quality.

Thanks for sharing @Bruce

Completely true. Price on the GoPro is the only reason I don't own one. $100 is pretty much right at my discretionary budget. Plus the Poloraid looks small enough my wife might never notice it ;)

Wow. That thing is cool.
Something else to add to my Xmas list.

You guys are killing me!

Here's a YouTube review that includes video:

And one done at night:

@Bruce, this is a great option and thanks for posting this. Put it on my tab

I like that price point even better. Note that this is only 640X480 though - not what we currently call High Definition.
Yes just noticed I linked to all of their models. I believe this is the one they are buying. It's HD http://www.amazon.com/Veho-VCC-005-MUVI-HD10-Handsfree-Camcorder-Control/dp/B004AP9FSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411646770&sr=8-1&keywords=muvi hd

It doesn't cup with the waterproof case or many mounting options, but neither does the GoPro. I don't have any personal use with it, but like I said, the officers I know have all switched to it.

It looks pretty cool, and at a great price point. It seems smaller than the GoPro. Maybe a cheap way to add a 2nd camera to record different angles while your GoPro records the primary scene.

The only regret that I have with my GoPro is that I didn't buy more stock at the $24 IPO sale. It is trading at $78 today!!!

It looks pretty cool, and at a great price point. It seems smaller than the GoPro. Maybe a cheap way to add a 2nd camera to record different angles while your GoPro records the primary scene.

The only regret that I have with my GoPro is that I didn't buy more stock at the $24 IPO sale. It is trading at $78 today!!!

If I had a nickle for every time I said that about a company I wouldn't NEED to have bought the stock.... ;)

Back