• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Poll Boat Drinks

What is your drink of pleasure on the boat?

• Total voters

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Waitress the boys in the band ordered boat drinks........

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a firm believer that if you're on the water a Corona (with a lime) is called for.

However if you're on the water any where near Orange Beach, AL to Panama City Beach, FL you'll need to stop by a bar and get yourself a Bushwacker!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where is Rum and why would you drink anything else on the boat?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be the party pooper I never have boat drinks too many people's lives in my hands to drink on the boat. Drink of choice tends to be beer on my boat by the guests though.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will be the party pooper I never have boat drinks too many people's lives in my hands to drink on the boat. Drink of choice tends to be beer on my boat by the guests though.
MY son has his license....lol...but yes, don't BWI

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a party pooper but a wise man, Robert. Drinking and driving simply don't mix. LOL here's an AH from Sunday....I'm about to drop in and this drunken dickhead slides right in behind me....good thing I was looking but grabbed my camera too late to see him face plant when he didn't reach the dock trying to jump off his rowboat with a trolling motor....Like WTF dude, you see me about to drop in and you slide in like that? Yet another reason, albeit minor, that boat operators should not drink on the water.....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys while I 100% disagree with drunk driving on or off of the water other adults on the boat can enjoy adult beverages and the driver can do so responsibly. You need a DD just like every other drinking situation that involves transportation. So I am sticking with my vote for rum!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys while I 100% disagree with drunk driving on or off of the water other adults on the boat can enjoy adult beverages and the driver can do so responsibly. You need a DD just like every other drinking situation that involves transportation. So I am sticking with my vote for rum!
I agree with a dd its all good but no one ever wants to drive the boat lol they would rather drink the rum. So I get stuck not not enjoying the beverages. I always looked at it this way god forbid someone ever gets hurt on my boat or by something caused by my boat the last thing I ever want to happen is to have to defend myself about alcohol at all in a court of law if I'm getting sued all it takes is for someone to say they saw me drinking and the likely end result will be catastrophic financially or worse. I know that is a bit conservative but with as sue happy as everyone is anymore its just better off the table to me. I know one drink wont impair my ability to operate the vessel but in court it wont really matter if its one or twenty at all a jury or judge is going to hear is he was drinking and I'm done as that's all they would hear. Not condoning anyone who drinks responsibly while doing so as I know it can be done but its just not for me and anyone who truly knows me will tell you I enjoy enjoy my cocktails as much as anyone lol. I even left @Bruce with my family on his boat in Bimini in 2015 to go to the liqour store on North Bimini to get a bottle of rum and then headed back to Bimini Sands to pour a drink and I guess there was bad communication on my part as they stayed at three sisters waiting on me to come back and I never did as i was enjoying a rum by the pool ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, I always DD, that way I know I have a reliable DD.

I had forgotten about your disappearing for rum and never reappearing. There was some understandable concern for your safety.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, I always DD, that way I know I have a reliable DD.

I had forgotten about your disappearing for rum and never reappearing. There was some understandable concern for your safety.
Yeah I thought I was going to get yelled at by mine when you guys got back over there but I think you had broke out the rum and the blender at three sisters for the girls so mine really didn't care by the time they got back to sands and I was there lol.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
LMAO...I love the one sole vote for rum.

Hmm....I wonder who that could be @Bruce ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jollyroger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like a many of you stated, as the main driver of the boat my rule is I do not drink; never, ever drink until we are done boating for the day. This usually means the boat is out of the water on the trailer parked next to our campsite. Always want a completely sober back up driver just in case something happens to me. That might be a little over the top but since we boat with kids their safety and the passengers are paramount. Guests may drink but not get sloppy.

Now, once we are done boating for the day........ get a nice cold summer beer like Summer Shandy, take one big drink, pour in your favorite tequila, add a touch of salt, squeeze in a little lime. Shake carefully with thumb over beer can opening. Release thumb carefully to let pressure off slowly. Drink. Great Stuff

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I always get a drink with my food when we hit a bar/grill on the water -- but I must say I really REALLY like your tequila add on @jollyroger ... I will be adding that to my Corona procedure from now on.

Thanks!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tough question. All depends on the mood. Almost all of the above for me and my wife mood depending. My favorites are microbrew beer, patron (neat or mixed drink), rye whiskey (neat), and wine.

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After going to the British Virgin Islands and sailing for a week in May...I have to agree with @Bruce that rum is the only drink to have on the water!

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am the DD on my boat now that I'm the crude disgusting old man lol. However, I will have one beer or one Margarita. I remember too well the headaches and hangovers from too much beer and sun. Y'all enjoy and stay safe!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Miller lite cans are our "Lake Beer". . . . basically there is only ever Beer and Water in the cooler.