• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Poll - Possible Central Arkansas Mini Gathering - September 2018

If you are interested in a Central Arkansas Gathering which dates and location do you prefer?

• Lake Ouachita September 1-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DeGray Lake September 1-3

• Lake Ouachita September 15-17

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • DeGray Lake September 15-17

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lake Ouachita September 22-24

• DeGray Lake September 22-24

• Total voters

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Several JetBoaters have expressed an interest in getting together in this area. I have never devoted time to organizing a local event. If others are interested we could get together as a practice run for something larger in 2018.

I see this as a late Friday or Saturday morning arrival followed by Saturday and possibly Sunday morning on the water.

Lake Ouachita is a 40,000 acre lake with the second cleanest water in the US and 200 islands. A day here would likely consist of water sports combined with anchoring along the shore of an island to hang out. I propose that we would have a pot luck meal and likely a camp fire in the evening. Some of us, my family included, would likely choose to camp on the island. There are several resort marinas with lodging for those that prefer not to camp. We could go to one of the marinas for a nice breakfast and access to bathrooms on Sunday morning.

DeGray Lake is a 13,800 acre lake with several islands and a number of large coves. A day here would likely consist of water sports combined with anchoring in a cove or on a submerged sand bar. We would likely stay at the State Park Lodge with is a little over $100 per night. Camp and RV sites are also available nearby. I propose that we could have a pot luck lunch on the water on the Saturday. The rest of our meals would likely be in the Lodge's Restaurant which is reasonable for food on the water.

Ouachita is a larger and nicer lake with more expensive lodging but with nice free island camping and likely good weather for camping it would be a fun cheap time on the water for most. DeGray is closer to the interstate and has nice lodging for value prices.

What dates and lake does everyone prefer?

@jcyamaharider, @jcyamahariders wife, @clint6760, @swatski, @Wayloncle, @Speedling, @Betik, @PEARCE, @LTM1964, @SeanPC, @kthrash, @USN SCPO RET, @maboat, @SAGERFLY, @ExATCer, @djetok, @LOZBum, @smack, @txav8r, @Rana, @Kelso, @farrelltravis, @BravoMike, @gmb501,

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Given there is no selection " any of the above" I will restrain from voting and possibly skew the results. Unless something unexpected comes up, we should be able to make it regardless of weekend or lake.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Voted but I won't be in this year as it is too late a notice in the year. Really hoping to travel to this kinda thing once bimini is locked in so hopefully next year!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't vote because we're too busy to get away that far for a weekend. We'd be up for any of those lakes for a gathering though for next year most likely.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im already booked every one of those weekends.. but would be up for a 2018 trip

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
September next year wouldn't work for us kids are back in school and cross country starts for my daughter.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in,
I can't believe I'm saying that because I normally only boat 10 min. from the house, is the truck going to make it, is the trailer going to make it, have to figure out how to fix depth finder, never taken all the camping stuff on the boat before..... I have been saving a hollow log that will make for a great campfire though

I'm open for all the dates or lakes, hotel is ok to if we go to De GRay but I owe my daughters a campout so it would kill two with one if we did that,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
plus I might get the meet "the GREAT BETIK" conqueror of the seas

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL. I will make sure to grow a beard, so I look as close as possible to Captain Blackbeard.
The only request I have is that we drive on a convoy, so if I can pulled over, you can tell the officer that I am not Osama's illegitimate son.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PS. if we could get Glen from Daytona to Ft. Ldl, we will make sure you and the family will be at the lake.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djetok, you wanted DeGray on Sep 15 to 17. How about Ouachita at the same time? If you want a cabin or condo I will help you find one.

@Scottintexas and I owe our kids a camping trip.

@Betik's kids need to make smores around a fire.

@Gavin will want to bring watermelon and cantaloupe from his plants.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Gavin, should have plenty of melons ready if anyone wants to stop and pick their own

IMG_3516.JPG

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that MELON IS MINE
@Gavin remember who was hanging with you when daddy was snorkeling with the stinkrays. :D

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My bad, I mean to say " those MELONS ARE MINE" :eek:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, may need to firm up my wife and kids. My daughter said something about a change but I think that was the 23rd for some reason.

Last edited: