• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port o potty wont empty via suction/pump out on 243vrx

MGrande305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I took my 243vrx to the pump out station at the marina the other day to have the port-o-potty emptied via the pump out port on the port bow. Well, the dock personnel hooked up the suction device and it didn't suck anything out of the port-o-potty even tho it's almost full ( which has only "liquid" in it btw). What's the issue? I looked to see if there is a valve that might be closed but didn't see one.

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There is no valve on the back of the catch basin. I had to take everything out to clean it this spring. I'm not 100% sure on this but you have to have the valve closed from the toilet to the catch basin. There should be a diagram on the lid of the toilet that explains the steps on how to "prime?" the toilet basin also.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Gross - not sure how you guys deal with that. "pee in the water, crap on the island... or better yet, go to the bathroom before we launch."

MGrande305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There is no valve on the back of the catch basin. I had to take everything out to clean it this spring. I'm not 100% sure on this but you have to have the valve closed from the toilet to the catch basin. There should be a diagram on the lid of the toilet that explains the steps on how to "prime?" the toilet basin also.
Ok cool thanks! I'll check that out. I think I had the valve open from the toilet to the catch basin as i assumed it would need air to for the vacuum to work.

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you don't have the instructions on the lid let me know. Probably won't get ours out until Monday at the earliest (lovely weather for the 4th in New England) but I can send you a photo of it. Good luck!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At least you guys get a built in head with a clean out port. Some Yamaha boats have a compartment for a head but not the head itself and no plumbing for a clean out port. If you can’t get the clean out port to work consider replacing the oem head with a self contained unit. Emptying it is easy, just pull the unit out, take the lower half to a toilet and drain it there. Such a head usually sells for $120 or die anyway. Good luck finding a quick and clean solution.