• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port side toilet pictures

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After less than a full season in our 2017 AR210, the wife and I have been contemplating upgrading to a 24'. We LOVE the AR210, but 2 issues seem to arise.
1. Need more space. We have a family of 5 and now my in-laws love going out(Knew that was going to happen so we typically have 7 on board. 7 humans + gear makes it a little tight sometimes. We also have friends that prefer going out on our boat just for the swim deck alone!
2. Mother in law and Wife (& 3 daughters) want a toilet.

Can any of you fine folks with toilets post some pictures? Id like to show the wife how the space is with a toilet in there.
Maybe even your thoughts/concerns/or general comments would be greatly appreciated!

The wife even has me looking at other make jet boats like Scarab. I lean toward Yamaha but I have to make the wife happy!
Thanks in advance

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have any pictures, it is tight but if your only option is getting in the water to go, this works. I am 6' 210lbs and I can get in and do my business. Its not comfortable but...
This is the toilet I use. I paid $86 for mine so price does fluctuate.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have any pictures, it is tight but if your only option is getting in the water to go, this works. I am 6' 210lbs and I can get in and do my business. Its not comfortable but...
This is the toilet I use.
I'm ok with arcing a wizzer off the side. Lol. So I don't plan on using it unless I have too. My wife is 5'4"ish.

That's a nice toilet and the price isn't bad. Is yours mounted in with brackets?

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_1957.JPG It is great for the kids. So we get 4 kids in there when they are cold (6-8-8 and 14) to give you and idea of the size, it is the angled back and height that is a issue for anyone over 5-8

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland
Thanks for response. Is your toilet mounted in there or just set in?

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They are worth every penny if you have guests and children. I use the same Dometic as @Coheeba and installed it using their mounting system. I did not mount it in my previous 24' and should have as it slides all over the place traveling and underway (nothing splashes out just loud and clunky). The dometic mount is around $20 but has no template and no instructions, so you have to be pretty creative measuring and mounting it in the head compartment.

I'm 6'2" 275 and DO NOT use it, I actually use a large plastic folgers coffee can and use the head compartment door as a "concealer" while I, as the kids say "make coffee", then dispose of it in the water casually. However, I do have guests that cannot pee in the water and need to use it along with some children, so it is handy, but I prefer it to be emergency or #1 only. If you're needing #2, use the aqua-dump,. or hold it!

Here is a link to a previous discussion of other set ups:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/porta-potty.12714/#post-221195

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the dometic as well. The instructions on how to mount it along with a template came with the toilet but the mounting brackets I had to purchase separately both from West Marine for around $120.

Here is a link to the other site of my thread with pics of the install (about 1/4 of the way down on page 4).

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52706&start=45

FYI/tmi - my head/toilet has yet to see any solid waste but the rule is, if you dump in it you must also dump it the same day. Others wise I dump and refill it once a year whether it needs it or not. Also glad to have it even if it's only used as a urinal by women and children as it has prolonged several days on the water for me since I've owned it.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ronnie that template would have been glorious! When I bought my dometic years ago, unfortunately, there were no instructions. I purchased the brackets this year from Amazon for $20 and just a package of screws and brackets show up. So I ended up measuring everything out. Ugh!

In the end its been a solid investment and as Ronnie mentioned prolonged many extra hours on the water.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had to have the head with toilet for wife. Sure helps extend our day at the party cove. The Dometic toilet was a freebie by the dealer at boat purchase and installed by the dealer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI I considered mounting with Velcro but also thought at the time that I may use the head off of the boat while camping and I didn't want the surface of the Velcro touching the ground and picking up whatever was there (e.g. Dirt, grass, etc.).