• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solved: Port Won't Start - Error Codes - 0201,0202,0203,1030

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Finally got the boat out today (2014 215 HOI). A little late starting the season. Port turns over but won't start. Following error codes read with Candoo.

0201, 0202, 0203 - Injection Power Stage Fault for Cylinders 1,2,3 respectively
1030 - Heater Power Stage Fault for lambda sensor upstreams to catalyst - open line

My battery was weak and due a replacement, so I also got the code for the low voltage. However the Starboard fired right up. Took the boat home, went ahead and replaced the battery since it needed it, cleared the codes and tried again. Same thing, won't start. Got the same codes minus the low voltage due to battery. I've rechecked all the connections I could get to. I double checked all the fuses in the fuse box for that engine in the engine bay. I even swapped the pre cat O2 sensor with the good engine. No dice.

Had the boat in last year and had all the O2 sensors replaced. It kept throwing codes and eventually shut down.

Need some help. Next available appt at the dealer is in Aug. I feel like this has to be an easy fix. Need the boat for the 4th. I'll probably try the FB page also, so apologize for the double post.

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So in the fuse box for the port engine, the o2 sensor fuse and cylinder 1,2,3 fuses are only getting 3V with the ignition on not 12V. My starboard side gets 12V all around. Got some kinda electrical problem. Will have to wait til tomorrow to troubleshoot more.

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Check your ECM power breaker on the battery switch panel. Could be corroded

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
SOLVED: Ended up being corrosion under the two red cables that connect into the fuse box area. I removed them, wire brushed them, and reinstalled. Fired right up. I posted a lot more description and photos on a Scarab facebook page. Big picture, the O2 sensor code had me check that. Found only 3V there, should have been 12V. Traced it back to the fuse box where the O2 fuse and 3 cylinder fuses were only getting 3V. Found that one of the power buses in the fuse box only had 3V. Eventually pulled those two cables and cleaned. They looked okay and got good voltage but just had bad connections with the corrosion. Took me longer than it should have, but tracked it down.

Scarab Jet boats

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing! Most threads end up unfinished. 👍👍👍

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The culprit - after cleaning.

Attachments

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Appreciate the update. Something to keep in mind if I run into something similar!