• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Porta Potty Install

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking to pick up a porta potty and just curious as to how everyone is installing?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are a few choices out there, here is a prior string on the subject which was started by an fsh owner.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/not-the-1-thing-to-discuss-butt-lets-disuss-2-on-an-fsh-lol.11747/#post-201863

Also attached are a few pics of the budget solution which I took while visiting a sporting goods store. I would not recommend purchasing this one but I wouldn't hesitate to use one in an emergency. @ $19.99 it is about the same cost as the mounting brackets for my dometic unit from West Marine and varying the height is as easy as buying a shorter bucket.

IMG_1657.JPG IMG_1658.JPG

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looking to pick up a porta potty and just curious as to how everyone is installing?
Hello. I've tried both the bucket and the porta potti versions. One of the reasons I chose the FSH was due to the changing room being able to accommodate a head and my wife and daughter practically demanded it. As a guy, it wasn't my biggest concern.

That being said, the luggable loo smells. The scent is pretty strong. Even with the tablets used to digest the waste. Additionally, you got to get a little close to the waste to dispose of it by tying the bag, etc.

The porta potti does not smell. You put the tablets or gel in there with a little water to make a watery goo in there. It basically eliminated the smell. There's a also a small reservoir of water in the tank so when you flush, it fills it with water. A little heavy when you're lifting it in and out, but worth the price.

When you're back in port, you just disconnect the tank, carry it like a suitcase, angle the tube into the toilet, press a button, and it "dumps" it into the toilet. I usually refill it and rinse it and empty it two or three times. The girls don't want the luggable loo again.

Here's what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074C8ACM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is crazy. We buy a boat with a head compartment and get a nice portable head installed and the wife hasn't used in once in over a year! Next boat will use that cool bucket and save all the headache.

We now call that comparment the Water Closet due to all the water the head area mysteriously collects.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello. I've tried both the bucket and the porta potti versions. One of the reasons I chose the FSH was due to the changing room being able to accommodate a head and my wife and daughter practically demanded it. As a guy, it wasn't my biggest concern.

That being said, the luggable loo smells. The scent is pretty strong. Even with the tablets used to digest the waste. Additionally, you got to get a little close to the waste to dispose of it by tying the bag, etc.

The porta potti does not smell. You put the tablets or gel in there with a little water to make a watery goo in there. It basically eliminated the smell. There's a also a small reservoir of water in the tank so when you flush, it fills it with water. A little heavy when you're lifting it in and out, but worth the price.

When you're back in port, you just disconnect the tank, carry it like a suitcase, angle the tube into the toilet, press a button, and it "dumps" it into the toilet. I usually refill it and rinse it and empty it two or three times. The girls don't want the luggable loo again.

Here's what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074C8ACM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have the same one. I just used Velcro to attach it and it has worked great all season

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had them.in the past and never gotten used. However with 3 women on board it's a must have option. Even if it never gets used.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was more interested in how everyone was installing? I see some come with mounting hardware and others don't

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I was more interested in how everyone was installing? I see some come with mounting hardware and others don't
Ah! Specific install question. You know, I just use the friction padding that people use in kitchen drawers. The potti has never come loose and ANY seas. I think since it's so low in the center of gravity and heavy, it just stays put. Even in 3' swells it stayed put.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 4.48.30 PM.png

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Totally agree with @Grover70 and the mat theory. I had an old 1/2" closed cell anti-fatigue mat. I cut it to size and set the porta potti on top. It stays put through some pretty rough seas and recently on one little on-road incident that I'll be posting about in the near future.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd go with a unit that can be mounted, Velcro and a Matt may do the job 99% of the time but if/when the 1% failure rate is triggered the potential cleanup could be very unpleasant. Borrowing from another recent thread, I don't want to become a "honey dipper" fishing feces or mopping up urine contaminated water out of the head compartment.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Markk , at @Earfixr has a fsh in which the head compartment is hidden in the center console with the door at the front, it may be taller as well with cloth side and back walls.

the thetfords are nice, especially with the easy to install mount, but I think they are too tall for a 240 Searies boat, at least the first generation of them.

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I'm sure this has been done??. Rather than mounting in the main changing room area I opted for mounting it in the forward area. Figuring it may get used once a year and rather than it being in the way 24/7 . I can now pull it out when it needs to get used. Put back and out of the way the rest of the time.IMG_20170922_180638817.jpg IMG_20170922_180732231.jpg

Akagi1955

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installed a Thetford 565e and optional floorplate which I attached to a redwood oak platform. Wife loves it!DB6FB037-5AFF-4169-BE8E-766F9ECFA958.jpeg

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Here's what I use:
Amazon.com: Thetford 92859 Porta Potti 260B Portable Toilet for RV, Marine, Camping, Healthcare Toddler Training, Trucks, Vans: Automotive
@Grover70 @Tailwaters

We use the Camco Portable Toilet which is just like the Lugable Loo and use the "Toilet Waste Bags" which are super heavy duty ziplocks with an inner liner to take care of the "Rump Puddy". We made the mistake after first using it when my daughter had to "Drop a Deuce". We didn't have any spare bags on board so we did not zip it closed in case it needed to be used again...... Horrible, horrible idea!

Now we "Secure the Package" right after the "Hostages are Released". We found if you seal up the bag right away it is a non issue. Just leave the "Detained Prisoner(s)" in the bottom of the bucket and load a fresh bag over it for the next "Butt Baby"..... At the end of the day it is simple to "Deport the Illegal Alien(s)" into the dumpster in the parking lot.....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After six to eight seasons onboard I am happy to report that my thetford has only seen liquid waste, NO rump puddly, deuces, hostages, detainees/prisoners, butt babies or illegal aliens.

My only related rule has not, yet, been put to the test (I.e., you dump in it you dump it at the end of the day).

By the way my thetford is a two part assembly in which the waste is in the bottom half that is supposed to emptied into a land based toilet or septic tank, so i have to take the toilet or at least the bottom half with to empty it.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used double sided tape. This is my second season with the same tape. My portapotty gets used way too much. Unfortunately for me since I’m the only one that cleans it