• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Portside USB connector swap

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking to swap the stock USB adapter/connector for a USB charger on the portside inside hull near the glovebox.

Can't find any threads on it. Can't imagine it's too complicated? Why would't they make that a charger anyhow?

Thanks in advance!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Look up @Julian s signature. Pretty sure he added a port side usb charger.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @BigAbe75 & @Julian however, not looking to add, but simply swap out (if possible due to power availability) the stock USB/3.5mm jack on the port side. Or is it not that simple to just swap the outlets? Probably add if not able to swap...

Is is the stock one just a hard wire to the headunit without power?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks @BigAbe75 & @Julian however, not looking to add, but simply swap out (if possible due to power availability) the stock USB/3.5mm jack on the port side. Or is it not that simple to just swap the outlets? Probably add if not able to swap...

View attachment 100274
Ahhh... no idea about that. Lol

I haven't checked whether mine charges or not. I just assumed it did... guess I better check. :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 100274
I would leave the stock plug alone as it is a dual connection for the headunit and is something that would be good for resale (I use mine all the time). Adding a new plug is really not that hard. If I was still in IL I'd drive over and do it for ya!