• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible GT207

Overspray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I figured I'd post here and see your guys opinions. I've been looking at a new or used jet boat purchase soon. I see the Glastron section isn't too busy, but I wanted to know what made you purchase your boat over the other brands/offerings?

The 207 seems to fit the bill for what I'd want/need. Although I'd prefer a twin engine, and am a little leery of purchasing a boat from the RBH umbrella.

Thanks!

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I just bought a 2014 GT187 with every single package option. To be honest, I bought it out of the blue, for a steal price. It was a bank Repo with 30 hours. This site has a lot of Yamaha owners, but lots of easy translation. I absolutely love the look of the Glastron. I'm a new owner so I haven't really had problems. It is a ton of fun on the water.

If you have a good dealer or rotax mechanic close, that's a really good thing for any boat purchase.

For me, look of the boat only so far, Glastron is my favorite followed by Scarab. I'm sure several will chime in...

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
For me the price was just right and i liked the layout and materials used. This was my first boat and so far the 250 has had plenty of power for my needs. As for upgrades, i got a tandem axle trailer from the dealer & put guide posts on, GTS package for sure, I went with the audio upgrade with sub and remote, that made a huge difference on the sound, eventually ill add some tower speakers, and lastly i put on the thrust vectors, for learning they have helped a lot for steering at slow speed.

Overspray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How easily does the tower fold? Glastron' website is horrible for information on their boats. Hell, the stock photos for the 2017 GT207 are (I believe) from 2015. The blue exterior with white/tan seats with the cross stitching has me hooked. Personally I don't care about a lot of the fancy stuff on the other boats, I love the classic lines. Like a gentlemans roadster.

At least that's my take on it. As far as the tower goes, I don't need one now, but would buy one to add later depending how long I keep the boat for.

How's the fit/finish of the overall 187/207 lineup?

Thanks for the info guys!

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Tower has a big knob on each side of tower, unscrew and push tower forward, it's weighed/tensioned enough not to fall. Fit and finish has been fine, I found a couple screws I needed to tighten, wasn't a big deal, I also drilled a tiny hole in front cup holders to drain water. I looked at a 2017 187 at the boat show and didn't notice any changes.

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Tower is easy to fold forward, the tower Bimini was a pain in the butt at first, but figured it out. I'm with you on the upholstery detail.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I love my GTS207. There are definitely some things I wish it had compared to some of the other brands but for me I love the look of the boat and for the price I just couldn't pass on it. I have around 35hrs on mine with not a single problem so far.