• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post pics from the boat ramp!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The boat ramp can be entertaining, peaceful and both the start and end to great memories. Share your favorite pics of “the ramp”!
55336434-B473-4D17-8B94-8F8B666DBC25.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s going to be a few months but I’ll post some pics of the ramps & such this next season.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, those ramps look fantastic. Compared to those, mine are all shit. :( I would be embarrassed to post pics of the ramps around here and on this side of Lake St. Clair.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This pic was at one of the docks at the launch ramp at the dam on Lewis Smith Lake. The ramp was super long and STEEEEP that I could have crushed diamonds when pulling my boat since I only have 2WD. Last time I took my dad out as well. Need to get back up there this year and rent a lake house for a weekend. The water at this lake is super clear and DEEP!

6EDA8D12-4F62-4609-9AA8-1975B72CB0EF.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is my home base ramp on Lake Martin. It’s shallow angle so I have to launch deep. The floating dock is small so only one boat per side but thankfully this is a low key launch site that is rarely packed and it’s only a few minutes from my storage so it works out great!

704A04D6-7A28-47FC-983F-FE8C542C0E59.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is my local ramp. It's really nice, but parking is tight. It's normally a very laid back and empty lake until this past summer, in which like every lake turned into a shit show.
20200524_082405.jpg
Same ramp as above
20200822_184909.jpg
This was my all time favorite "ramp"(haha) from last summer. Nothing better than pushing a button and your boat was in the water.
20200721_193344.jpg
My favorite local ramp. It's a pay ramp which you can get a season pass to. Normally also a very empty ramp.....except for this last summer. It was so full it got to the point you couldn't really get your truck/trailer out of a spot. 20200703_092044.jpg
My old boat and new boat side by side with the new owner. First day for both of us out on our new boats. Same ramp as the first 2 pics. 20200502_160250.jpg

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not the best shot of the whole ramp but this is from my mayden voyage. Tide was super low this day in the AM. Crew handling the boat while I parked the D.

20210123_235309.jpg

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Wow, those ramps look fantastic. Compared to those, mine are all shit. :( I would be embarrassed to post pics of the ramps around here and on this side of Lake St. Clair.

That is our local park/campground on the lake, 15 min away, Lake Wylie, Rock Hill, SC access...

As it was when the pic was taken, through December 2020,,,,,

Document1.jpg

Document2.jpg

Document.jpg

"The new master plan" below, is almost complete, docks/launch are done, the park renovations are almost done. The park and lake launch have been closed all of 2020, leaving only the campground open.

Document3.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took this picture as we drove by the ramp on 6/20/20 11 am, not even a holiday weekend and the ramp parking lot in Mallett's Bay is full and using overflow parking where ever they can along the road. It's a 3 lane ramp, when people know what they are doing. On days like this we are glad to have a slip. And on days like this, you better have your stuff together or the next in line will let you know about it. Glad to be on a slip with days as crouded as this.

20200620_115312.jpg

Last edited:

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Short video of picking up a passenger at our ramp.
One of the many perks of a jet boat. There’s a shallow ramp we used to use and all the other prop beaters would stare at us or even “let us know” how shallow it was.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One of the many perks of a jet boat. There’s a shallow ramp we used to use and all the other prop beaters would stare at us or even “let us know” how shallow it was.
The minimum recommended depth of my 192 is about the same as my Max. Even though my jet boat could technically get in shallow areas before anything hit the bottom I tried to always maintain the recommended 3ft of depth. The jet creates a vortex underneath the boat and is constantly acting like a vacuum cleaner. Be careful what you boat over as that eventually becomes what flows through your engine, cooling system and impeller. Just imagine what all kind of crap is sitting on the bottom and it gets stirred up making it’s way through the jet drive. All it takes is a little twig to ruin your day because of bad cavitation and you have to go swimming to get it out or worse limp back to the ramp to fish it out on the concrete. IMO it’s best to avoid that annoyance.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The minimum recommended depth of my 192 is about the same as my Max. Even though my jet boat could technically get in shallow areas before anything hit the bottom I tried to always maintain the recommended 3ft of depth. The jet creates a vortex underneath the boat and is constantly acting like a vacuum cleaner.
Yup, I agree, that's why we don't start our engines until we're in 3ft or more of water. At the ramp we walk the boat with dock lines to the far end of the dock where it's safe to start the engines. Plus this allows others to come in and pull their boat out of the water without us being in the way.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yup, I agree, that's why we don't start our engines until we're in 3ft or more of water. At the ramp we walk the boat with dock lines to the far end of the dock where it's safe to start the engines. Plus this allows others to come in and pull their boat out of the water without us being in the way.
Same, 3' is min depth - however if I need to get moving in less than 3' I'll give it more thrust than idle as (from the underwater video referenced on this site) it appears that more thrust = more water from in front of the great instead of beneath it. Also, your buckets open more so if you're ingesting debris it's flowing through and not banging around.