• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Rating counting issues....working on a fix

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It seems my messing with the post rating system today has caused it to go "wonky"....yes that is a technical term. We will run some maintenance to correct the counting issues it is having in the hope that fixes the problem.

If you haven't noticed, we have some posts that have counts as spam rated, but no actual ratings as such. I think it somehow got confused and converted some "likes" to SPAMs.

Sorry for the issues....we'll get it fixed tonight after hours.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It seems my messing with the post rating system today has caused it to go "wonky"....yes that is a technical term. We will run some maintenance to correct the counting issues it is having in the hope that fixes the problem.

If you haven't noticed, we have some posts that have counts as spam rated, but no actual ratings as such. I think it somehow got confused and converted some "likes" to SPAMs.

@Julian thanks to you and the moderators / admins for their hard work and time out for our collective benefit.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have noticed the spam manager is overworked and at the threshold of striking! @Julian

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce and I got on the phone and after some humming and haing....Bruce spotted the bonehead setting I had set! PICNIC problem resolved!

When I'm not as brain dead, I will set up the SPAM post rating option as a test so we can see what it looks like as it would be a useful function for Classified ad spammers like the one we had today.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wait there are after hours...what happens if I need to get a JB.net fix after hours! :eek:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Actually, this forum software is really pretty amazing when it comes to admin actions and remaining online. We ran a recount process while the system was live and the forum didn't miss a beat. Every time we wanted to modify the old forum we had to take it offline (like organizing a group buy! sorry....couldn't resist! LOL)