• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post your Yamaha 190, 192 Lighting Upgrade Pics!

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am about to begin some lighting upgrades (interior and exterior) and need some ideas! Please show off your improvements. What you did, tips, manufacturers...

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is mine. I just lit up the cup holders and changed the bulb in the courtesy light.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following this thread!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this one is a direct replacement? all screw holes line up?
I took my bulb to Auto Zone and found a blue LED replacement. It matched the other LEDs perfectly.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So this one is a direct replacement? all screw holes line up?
Yep, you have to splice the wires since there is no connector at the light, but the screw holes all line up.

I took my bulb to Auto Zone and found a blue LED replacement. It matched the other LEDs perfectly.
Not sure which year they changed them, but in my 2014 the factory led bulbs appear to not be replaceable.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure which year they changed them, but in my 2014 the factory led bulbs appear to not be replaceable.[/QUOTE]

My courtesy had a standard bulb from the factory so that would make sense. They may have changed with the 192's.

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys, if you all have any pictures of the installs to accompany your beautifully luminated boat pics that would be great! Suggestions on routing your wiring, mounting the lights, etc.....That would really help out a lot

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys, if you all have any pictures of the installs to accompany your beautifully luminated boat pics that would be great! Suggestions on routing your wiring, mounting the lights, etc.....That would really help out a lot
@JerryG Here is some details about mine, I found it: https://jetboaters.net/threads/cockpit-led-lighting-in-sx190.8835/
@Danielmailin had some good tips that I followed for drilling some holes under/on the edges of cushions and running a silicone bead. as far as wire - I think I used 16AWG speaker wire, as I had a bunch of leftovers. Good soldering iron is a must, otherwise you will be miserable if use that route (with some type of heat shrink tubing), unless of course you use some type of connectors.
Just brace yourself for some serious fiberglass itch. Fortunately, it only takes about a week to resolve, hehe ;).

--

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Stuff needed:
LEDs
wire
waterproof butt connectors
heat gun
drill/bits
wire stipper/snip
acetone
cotton balls
small zip ties
Male/female adapters (optional)
wire pull of some type
Skinny arms and long sleeves

I used these LED strips. I only ended up using 7 of them.
http://www.amazon.com/pack-BLUE-Super-Bright-Strips/dp/B010RH6Z7M?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

This is where I located each strip:
Yamaha_190_floor.png

I switched out the courtesy light (see above) so I didn't use a strip at the helm.

I ran the wire like this:
2012_AR_190_wiring.png
Red lines are wiring, yellow dots are where wiring for two or more lights came together and where I used the water proof butt connectors. The wires finally ended up at the courtesy light switch. I used these ( http://www.amazon.com/Ancor-210613-Electrical-Male-Female-Adapter/dp/B000NI5D92?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 ) to make that connection (you could just splice it).

At the LED locations inside the boat I had to drill a small hole to feed the wire through. I used acetone to clean the fiberglass at the locations where the strips would go to make sure there was good adhesion of the 3m tape on the strips. At the air intakes on the rear of the boat I was able to drill the hole from the inside of the engine compartment, but I installed the led from the outside without removing the seat backs. Small hands are needed though...hence my 10 year old helping me. I ended up attaching those LEDs to the seatbacks rather than on the fiberglass in the intakes because I wanted a glow versus being able to see the lights themselves. Time will tell if that was a smart choice. I think I'm going to go ahead and order one space package of LEDs in case they come loose. So far so good.

I you want I can take some photos of the lights themselves. I'm planning to take the top off tomorrow evening to work on my wake tower speaker/amp install.

In each location inside the boat, the lights are pushed up as far as possible under the freeboard cushions so you can't see them without looking from below. The interior ones in the bow and in the stern are above the hand grips. The one across from the helm lights up the JBP series plate my boat boat has.

This is a really easy project, but really cool if you are ever out at night.

Last edited:

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DBamaC excellent post!! Yeah when you get time I would love to see the "daytime" view

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Finally got a chance to get some pics of where/how I did the lights. There are a lot of pics so apologies in advance.

Bow lights, both the same.
IMG_0095.JPG

Light at port bench.
IMG_0098.JPG
You can see the drilled hole to the right. This next pic shows that by keeping them as tight as I could to the cushion you can's see them unless you get really low.
IMG_0097.JPG
Over aft hand grips. I was able to get these really up into the space and they probably look the best (glow-wise) of the cabin lights.IMG_0101.JPG
These are where the wires come through from the swim platform. If you look you can see the lights on the seat back in the first one.IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0109.JPG

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love it. 1 question @JerryG , @swatski , is it a soft glow at night or is it a bright glow? In every picture I see LEDs seem to be crazy bright and I want a soft glow.