• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential AR190 Purchase - Connext Concerns

Seattle-Wind

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Long time jet boat owner ('07 SeaDoo Speedster 150) seriously considering upgrading to a 2019 AR190. One of my main concerns with the updates for 2019 is the new Connext screen. If/when the screen fails years down the road, will the boat still be able to start and run without issue? I understand that I wouldn't be able to see speed/rpm/fuel without the screen, but I'm worried that if the screen or computer stops working that the boat will be non-operational. Does anyone know the answer to this for sure?

Also, is there any reason or concerns for keeping this particular boat in the water (not on a lift) in a protected marina for 5 - 6 months at a time? We've done it with our Speedster for over 12 seasons with no issues, but I've read posts from people stating that you shouldn't leave a jet boat in the water, perhaps this is a Yamaha thing?

Thank you for your insight!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just make sure it’s water tight with a bilge pump and you’ll be ok in fresh water.

boatandgolf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wet slip my boat in a lake from May to September. I keep it covered, take it out once in July for a scrub, and have no problems.

Romanski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Long time jet boat owner ('07 SeaDoo Speedster 150) seriously considering upgrading to a 2019 AR190. One of my main concerns with the updates for 2019 is the new Connext screen. If/when the screen fails years down the road, will the boat still be able to start and run without issue? I understand that I wouldn't be able to see speed/rpm/fuel without the screen, but I'm worried that if the screen or computer stops working that the boat will be non-operational. Does anyone know the answer to this for sure?

Also, is there any reason or concerns for keeping this particular boat in the water (not on a lift) in a protected marina for 5 - 6 months at a time? We've done it with our Speedster for over 12 seasons with no issues, but I've read posts from people stating that you shouldn't leave a jet boat in the water, perhaps this is a Yamaha thing?

Thank you for your insight!
I just purchased a 2019 AR190 and love it but with only 9hrs the screen went out!!! It’s defective and worst part it’s on back order for a year which is insane. The good news, its covered under warranty and my dealer was able to get Yamaha to send me a demo screen just to use for the time being. To answer your question, yes you can still use the boat without the screen as I was.

Seattle-Wind

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Romanski, thanks for the update on your AR190. Sorry to hear that your screen went out, but what a relief that the boat still works and you can enjoy your summer!