• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential new 210 FSH Sport owner with specific question.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I'm 17 mos out on a 27 yr LE retirement. Moved to the Lake and now looking at boats. We've decided on the 210 FSH Sport for our fishing, leisure cruises, and her scuba. Found a dealer with two in stock. So we are settled on everything but have one compound (2 part) question:

I want the biggest/high speed display combination GPS/depth/fish finder that will fit in the open space on the console (was looking at Hummingbird HELIX 10 GPS/fish finder combo). I also want it to be linked to a trolling motor for a GPS virtual anchor (Spot-Lock?) and usual fishing uses. I suspect I'll need at least a 60"/100lb thrust motor, but am limited to probably 3 batteries max (possibly 2). This will all be dealer installed as a part of the purchase package. Just have to pick my poison. I've found some good ideas via the search function, but am looking for additional experienced opinions.

Any suggestions welcome for research.

GPS/fish finder combo?

GPS enabled trolling motor?

Thanks for any direction...

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I spent a long time thinking about this myself this spring (2018 210FSH) and ultimately ended up with 12inch Solix on a ram mount. I really enjoy the versatility of it. Can remove it quickly and take with me. Can pivot it forward of needed, but mostly adjust so I can see it when I am fishing off the back deck following contours using the networked 80lb 60 inch Riptide Terrova. Also have a front mounted Helix on a smaller ram mount. Kept the dash open enough for a nice VHS install along with a powered speaker for VHS. Also had enough Dash room to install a MOB system. So far very happy and would go the same route if had to choose again.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks, have any pics of that?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put a 9” simrad in, it looks great. I would go with a 12” eyes don’t get better. I might do a 12” with a ram mount or up in the top. Use one for charts and one for a fish finder. I would never go smaller than a 12” again. Unless I could drop 30 years.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes, vision went south and further by the moment... Anyone have any pics of how they mounted theirs? Maybe I should have titled this thread differently.

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I'm 17 mos out on a 27 yr LE retirement. Moved to the Lake and now looking at boats. We've decided on the 210 FSH Sport for our fishing, leisure cruises, and her scuba. Found a dealer with two in stock. So we are settled on everything but have one compound (2 part) question:

I want the biggest/high speed display combination GPS/depth/fish finder that will fit in the open space on the console (was looking at Hummingbird HELIX 10 GPS/fish finder combo). I also want it to be linked to a trolling motor for a GPS virtual anchor (Spot-Lock?) and usual fishing uses. I suspect I'll need at least a 60"/100lb thrust motor, but am limited to probably 3 batteries max (possibly 2). This will all be dealer installed as a part of the purchase package. Just have to pick my poison. I've found some good ideas via the search function, but am looking for additional experienced opinions.

Any suggestions welcome for research.

GPS/fish finder combo?

GPS enabled trolling motor?

Thanks for any direction...

I have a 2017 FSH Deluxe, Helix 7 SI, DI in dash and Helix 7 DI up front both are link together. Minn Kota RipTide Terrova 80 lb thrust.

Attachments

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Very clean install... where did you put your motor batteries?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks guys... gives me ideas.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well, 210 FSH Sport got put on hold due to trying to acquire the adjacent property to my home... which I'd been after since moving in! I had deposite down for the Sport but reluctantly backed out to put everything into getting said property. Property started getting movement in the right direction on my birthday last month. Good news but slow going. Today got some crappy work related news and told Wife about it. She said she was sorry but one of our friends was stopping by this evening so to try and put on my best face. Instead of my friend pulling up, Sebastian of Ski Dock pulls up towing our new 2019 210 Deluxe. Equipped with bimini, Yamaha cover and all boating necessities.

Wife's a sly one... day ended pretty well and I have to say I'm not missing the top. :thumbsup:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations! Good luck with your boat. You can actually look around now and you have more options for a top there are so many T tops out there, sometimes I wish mine did not come with a top. And you can go under bridges that I can’t can’t. Enjoy your boat for the year and next year or the year after when you purchase a T top you’ll be able to get exactly what you want with any options that you want. And hopefully you’ll have a beautiful spot to park your boat on the property next-door to your house. 🙂 Try and remember to take your wife out to a very nice dinner on Friday instead of ordering new toys for your boat, you can always buy a new boat but you can’t find a nice wife like that too easily.
One thing to remember also is everyone on here gets wrapped up with things they put on their boat which is fun, just take it out the way it is and use it for a little bit they’re really good boats right from the factory. Enjoy! EB57CEC3-254A-4E0B-8678-839EC9BC56C1.png