• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Power Poles!

Steve-O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Has anyone here mounted "Power Poles" on their 255 Open? Seems like the tailgate might be in the way. Although I don't really fish, I'm wondering if they're stout enough to hold the boat in place while beaching on the Gulf.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Has anyone here mounted "Power Poles" on their 255 Open? Seems like the tailgate might be in the way. Although I don't really fish, I'm wondering if they're stout enough to hold the boat in place while beaching on the Gulf.
Following...

While I was sitting at the sandbar Saturday, I was thinking and looking them up. These would be much easier than throwing out 2 anchors. But, they're expensive. I did find anchor sticks that might work too. Just haven't gotten that far in my research yet. Thanks for asking!

Paul Dufault

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I didn't see any replies to the power pole question, so I will throw it out again to see if anyone has solved the issue. Has anyone mounted a power pole or similar on to a 255 open?

Thanks

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have not seen any yet posted here, however I did see this pic on FB.

20211230_062204.jpg

I believe this pic originated in Louisiana

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not seen any posts here of power poles installed on a scarab center counsel but don’t see doing so being a problem as long as they don’t block the rear gate from opening or closing. It looks like the one on the pic from zipper clears the gate and it custom mounts like the one pictured are used it should not be a problem either.
B054A758-48EE-4307-BA18-7D2903DE77EB.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Following...

While I was sitting at the sandbar Saturday, I was thinking and looking them up. These would be much easier than throwing out 2 anchors. But, they're expensive. I did find anchor sticks that might work too. Just haven't gotten that far in my research yet. Thanks for asking!
Off subject and definitely not for fishing purposes but I’ve found the shore spike by slide anchor to be the best anchor of its kind. It has a built in hammer, which makes its easy to install and remove and it’s relatively in expensive at $70 each, $110 for power coated models.

3AB455FC-2355-4987-A2A5-9DE17557FC72.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Off subject and definitely not for fishing purposes but I’ve found the shore spike by slide anchor to be the best anchor of its kind. It has a built in hammer, which makes its easy to install and remove and it’s relatively in expensive at $70 each, $110 for power coated models.

View attachment 169005
Thanks!

I ended up purchasing (2) fiberglass sticks and the SS nose piece online and drilled a couple hole (opposite ends) in the swim platform. I believe I wrote about it in this forum. They do work and hold the boat in place; much easier than throwing (and retrieving) 2 anchors.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

View attachment 169005
I bought one of these and soon found out it only hammers in and not out. I contacted the company and they said they are only designed to hammer in. I bought it on Amazon so probably ended up with a knockoff. It's definitely a beast!