• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Powering WetSounds REV10’s

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang,

Just wanted to get ur opinion on a audio upgrade. My wife thinks I’m nuts but i’m Just thinking lol🤣. Well my question is, I presently run WetSounds REV8’s on the tower powered by a JL M400/4. I was just thinking and read that the REV10’s r even better and have more midbass and low range. So I was thinking to upgrade to the REV10’s but was wondering if the JL M400/4 wound still be enough power for them, or would I need to upgrade the amp too. If that became the case then I would probably stick to what I have. Please any and all thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo nui🤙🏽

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have four REV 10 tower speakers with two Wet Sounds Sinister SDX-4 amps bridged to power them. The sound is amazing and unbelievably loud. You will not be disappointed. However, you will repeatedly ram your head into them...I’ve cut my head twice already. After some research, I also decided to add an enclosed subwoofer with the Wet Sounds AS-10. I believe an additional sub is necessary and I believe the “enclosed” type is far superior to the free air type.

Attachments

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have four REV 10 tower speakers with two Wet Sounds Sinister SDX-4 amps bridged to power them. The sound is amazing and unbelievably loud. You will not be disappointed. However, you will repeatedly ram your head into them...I’ve cut my head twice already. After some research, I also decided to add an enclosed subwoofer with the Wet Sounds AS-10. I believe an additional sub is necessary and I believe the “enclosed” type is far superior to the free air type.
Aloha @Commander50 that’s a mean setup, and I agree 💯% about the subwoofer. I have a pair of 10’s in a bandpass box powered by a JL M1000/5v2 along with my cabin Polk Audio MM651UM. The system is really loud and sounds super clean. Like I said my wife thinks i’m Crazy, but was thinking would sound even louder with some REV10’s. A friend of mines is willing to buy my REV8’s, so just was thinking lol🤣. As for banging heads on them that’s y I need to stick with a pair, that way can keep my headroom in between them. I just don’t want to upgrade amps and do all kind of wiring and mounting, just was thinking to swap out simple.🤙🏽

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're buying Rev 10's for low range and mid bass you are going to have a bad time. They were not designed for bass applications.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I 2nd brandon. You are only going to get mid bass from a 410, its going to be nothing like a sub, Its only to get the mids and highs out. You still have to have subs in the boat to get the bass out

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
While the Rev 10 or rev 410 will definitely sound a little richer and more well-rounded, it's still needs to be run off a high pass filter. Do not get any rev series with the expectation of having bass on your tower

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While the Rev 10 or rev 410 will definitely sound a little richer and more well-rounded, it's still needs to be run off a high pass filter. Do not get any rev series with the expectation of having bass on your tower
Aloha @redthumper9 love the matching red REV10’s on ur tower. My system is a lot smaller then all of u guys that have been commenting on this thread lol🤣. I just was thinking of swapping out my REV8’s for REV10’s without having to upgrade amp that powers them. And would it even make that much more of a difference...🤔

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It will power them, but I don't think you'll see much of a difference from what you have now. The REV10's love power!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wet Sounds Sinister SD2. 600wx2 in 2ohm stereo (300w per speaker)
Think I’ll just stick with my REV8s don’t want to swap out amp that powers them. No more stereo upgrades. Working on install my GPS/fishfinder combo and getting RideSteady, Cobra Fins, Lectro Tabs, VHS. Oh and custom SeaDek with a new wrap. So yeah can’t be wasting more money on stereo lol.🤙🏽

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @Hoyt i got that ported box finished and installed. The front face plate came out beautiful too. Looks like came from Yamaha lol.🤙🏽
0F99D84C-4B43-4B8B-9BEE-E4F3E2D6F2BE.jpeg

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Billy John

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Commander50 that's a sweet set-up!! I just got a 2022 195s at the end of the season last fall and bought two rev 10s, a syndx 2.3 hp amp to drive them, and an AS10 powered sub like yours to add this spring. Where did you put the sub? I can see in your picture that it's under a seat. Is that under the front seat or rear? I'm trying to decide where I'm going to put it on the 195s, but can't decide...

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Commander50 that's a sweet set-up!! I just got a 2022 195s at the end of the season last fall and bought two rev 10s, a syndx 2.3 hp amp to drive them, and an AS10 powered sub like yours to add this spring. Where did you put the sub? I can see in your picture that it's under a seat. Is that under the front seat or rear? I'm trying to decide where I'm going to put it on the 195s, but can't decide...
Best place on the 195s is under passenger helm area. See my build thread if you need help

Billy John

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks @Hoyt! Yup, definitely have looked at your posts over this winter. They have been really helpful, thanks for sharing! I've considered installing it there as well, and have also purchased a 8" Wet Sounds free air subwoofer cover to drill a hole in that door and install the cover over the hole to let the sound out.

Attachments

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Hoyt! Yup, definitely have looked at your posts over this winter. They have been really helpful, thanks for sharing! I've considered installing it there as well, and have also purchased a 8" Wet Sounds free air subwoofer cover to drill a hole in that door and install the cover over the hole to let the sound out.
Do it by the passengers feet not in the door. That door is gonna rattle like Hell. Highly suggest just leaving the door open, or find a way to seal it tight if you add a vent

Billy John

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Do it by the passengers feet not in the door. That door is gonna rattle like Hell. Highly suggest just leaving the door open, or find a way to seal it tight if you add a vent
@Hoyt I was thinking about sealing it tight with either those neoprene cabinet bumpers or some sort of weather stripping. That was my local Yamaha dealer's suggestion too. Apparently the door will be hard to close, but it does a good job of getting rid of the rattle (according to the dealer). My main concern with an under the seat location like I had seen in the pictures above is that the sound won't be able to get out, and it'll just turn the boat into a rattle box, but I could be wrong. I've done plenty of car audio, but never anything this extensive on a boat before, so any experience/help/advise is greatly appreciated!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt I was thinking about sealing it tight with either those neoprene cabinet bumpers or some sort of weather stripping. That was my local Yamaha dealer's suggestion too. Apparently the door will be hard to close, but it does a good job of getting rid of the rattle (according to the dealer). My main concern with an under the seat location like I had seen in the pictures above is that the sound won't be able to get out, and it'll just turn the boat into a rattle box, but I could be wrong. I've done plenty of car audio, but never anything this extensive on a boat before, so any experience/help/advise is greatly appreciated!
Under a seat would work as well if you used the speaker grill as a port into the cabin from under seat. Probably would be better then under helm honestly. The door rattles bad. My is horrible, but I'm running a 12" ported and tuned enclosure. So it moves alot of air. My enclosure won't fit under any seats. Most under the seat are in the bigger 24' boats which I belive have deeper compartments under their seats