• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Predictions on 2020 models

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aren't the new models released in August? Still two months out, but any predictions on what 2020 will bring? When is the 242 up for redesign? I'm sort of curious what will be released, but probably will be let down with new graphics and colors only.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Jet Pontoon... build in the pumps into the toons. Profit!
Hey, we rented a pontoon in Florida last week and it sure was nice. Plenty of room, very comfortable, and rode super smooth. Maybe one day when I am older lol.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since the mid-year release of the 275, I could see some of it's best features coming down the line.

245LS with Twin Supercharged 1.8ltr engines
Optional below swimdeck seats on LS models
Potentially adjustable rear swimplatform seating on a smaller scale
And that crazy paddle control "Drive" on flagship 24' models.
hard top bimini on flagship 24' models.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Jet Pontoon... build in the pumps into the toons. Profit!
Just graft a couple PWC hulls into them tubes. It’s so obvious I don’t know why it hasn’t been done yet.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey, we rented a pontoon in Florida last week and it sure was nice. Plenty of room, very comfortable, and rode super smooth. Maybe one day when I am older lol.
Yup, nobody should be badmouthing a performance barge these days. From what I hear, it's the boat platform with the greatest sales growth in 2018. That's why there is a Tri-toon on the other side of the dock from our 242LS. Anything that can push 15 people around over 30mph with that much comfort, game on.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not bashing the toon at all. It is a great platform. So much room it is crazy pants! It is all I've ever rented before I bought my yammie.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The new reverse buckets are different, the pre 2019 fins from JBP or cobra don’t fit the new pump. Im pretty sure.

The TVWs are universal in a sense they make your jet boating experience universally better.
:cigar:

Just graft a couple PWC hulls into them tubes. It’s so obvious I don’t know why it hasn’t been done yet.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not bashing the toon at all. It is a great platform. So much room it is crazy pants! It is all I've ever rented before I bought my yammie.
I didn't take it that way (smile) I was agreeing with you that my eyes were opened when we got on a tri-toon that banked corners like a boat hull.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Tritoons are taking over my lake. I'd move it to the top of my shopping list.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After seeing the efficiency and lack of noise of a monster Yamaha 4-stroke outboard, I would see no benefit of jet in a pontoon. Other than the draft/safety considerations that we all appreciate. It's just a non-issue on a pontoon.

In fact, the bigger ones are now building decks/swim platforms around the outboards. Don't even get me started on the amazing benefits of Sea Legs! We get 4-5 toons lined up on a sandbar all with sealegs and we just created an island resort oblivious to gelcoat killing wakes.

RiverRacerX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'd like to see the 242 with the rear loungers of the 275. Then I would upgrade. My wife wanted a toon with rear loungers, but I just can't do it. It's like a mini van, practical, but not too cool to look at. Although twin Mercury 450 OB's would be sweet. (If you saw the new 450 release this week)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'd like to see the 242 with the rear loungers of the 275. Then I would upgrade. My wife wanted a toon with rear loungers, but I just can't do it. It's like a mini van, practical, but not too cool to look at. Although twin Mercury 450 OB's would be sweet. (If you saw the new 450 release this week)
I have a buddy that works for Phoenix boats. He has already had dealers contact him about if they can get them for bass boats. I think they might have a death wish.

RiverRacerX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have a buddy that works for Phoenix boats. He has already had dealers contact him about if they can get them for bass boats. I think they might have a death wish.
That's nuts!
I want to ride in the MTI Center Console with six on the back!