• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Premium or Regular

U05006

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey guys, I've been trying to find the answer to this question but I have come up short.

Should I be running premium or regular gas in my 195 HO Impulse?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Definitely Premium in the heat of the summer, otherwise the engine may protect itself by retarding advance timing (reducing power) if it gets close to the knock border when running Regular.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, I've been trying to find the answer to this question but I have come up short.

Should I be running premium or regular gas in my 195 HO Impulse?
Check your manual.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Regular gas will limit the SC engine's rpm to about 7800 due to knock. It does this to protect the engine. This is why I wouldn't ever recommend non ethanol 90 from the fuel docks on these boats. You need Premium to open her up to 8000-8100. This will also make that engine more efficient, and extend your range on a tank of gas.

Always keep a bottle of octane booster with you if you know, or think you will be using dock fuel.