• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pressure washers

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know this is as far away one can get jet boating however do to circumstances beyond my control I am now in the market for a new one. I decided to ask you all as many of you probably have one and have an opinion on them. I am looking strictly for a gas one.[flag]

thanks

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no opinion on particular brands as long as it has a Honda engine, can’t go wrong with those. I never treat my fuel and it always starts first pull after months of sitting

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL

I came to provide the same 2 magic words for success.

Honda engine.

@ifly4fun beat me to it.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As a small engine mechanic, I do agree Honda is the best. Stay away from Briggs. Generac makes a really nice one for the money, but it's a Honda "clone" engine. Basically, they're knockoff Honda engines, but I've been impressed with mine. PSI is no more important than GPM. Get one that is a good combination of both. Mine is 4.0 GPM, 4200 PSI, and I'm pretty happy with it. There are smaller ones that do very well also, but here again, Honda rules the single cylinder engine world.

*edit* I should also add, when it comes to brand, I personally would trust Ryobi about as far as anyone.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 2 electric's that work well, but I know of 3 separate people who have Generac's and every one of them love it. I almost bought a Generac from Menard's (regional big box hardware store, like a Home Depot), only reason I didn't was price. Gas powered model I wanted was more than BOTH the electric's I ended up buying, and I always have electric in the areas I need to use them. If I were looking at gas power, I'd go Generac.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
All depends on what you use it for. I have a washer that had a new pump from one we had fixed at work and the motor blew. I put a $99 harboir freight motor on it and it runs great so far. But for washing brick for work, it won't hardly spinthe turbo tip for rockface block.
We have a couple Hotsy brand washers with the 13 hp honda. I believe one is 3.something gpm and the other is just over 4.
The psi is what it needs to do the work, the gpm is how fast or how much work you are doing.
You wanna wash a driveway with a tooth brush or a push broom?
But for the average user these are overkill. If you need something bigger you can probably rent. We do when we need the hot water setup and it's pretty reasonable.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agree, it depends on your needs. We have a $99 Ryobi 1600psi. electric that we use regularly for "washing". Washing cars, the deck, the siding, the boat, etc. If your looking to strip a deck, or rust off a wrought iron railing, we have a Honda 2800psi. 51SmAlcFqJL._SX679_.jpggas powered model.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the highest PSI that is safe for our boat?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What is the highest PSI that is safe for our boat?
Trick question. Even a 1000psi can damage. Depends on how close you are. Start far away and work closer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't use a nozzle less than 45 degree nozzle on the boat and keep a safe distance.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried electric washers and when the pump or electric motor goes they become paperweights. I went back to gas and prefer it because I can always buy parts.

The brand of pressure washers doesn’t matter as much as what is powering them. Some like Briggs engines but I prefer the tried and true Honda 160 OHC engines. They’ve been used in everything for years and very reliable. Usually cranks on first or second pull every time and I don’t maintain them as good as I probably should lol. Main thing to look for once you decide on an engine is the quality of hose, fittings and attachments. I like everything this Ryobi offered. Same Honda engine as my “Husqvarna” lawnmower which has been torture tested with very minimal maintenance regiment lol.

F5E9B620-4FEF-445A-9609-A1694E2BDAEA.jpeg

8CC92407-996E-441C-84F3-7AD7153EC6CE.jpeg

E353EAB1-7CA8-48B9-816D-126AC1F2CC44.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have used many pressure washers over the years and from my experience the models that have a separate hydraulic oil filled pump as the best, like a Cat pump.
I have a great Ridged pressure washer with a fuel injected Subaru engine and it is flawless. No carb to worry about.
It was expensive at the time. 6 years old and i paid around 800 for it. I am not certain but I believe they are now Generac brand because you cant get Rigid brand washers anymore.

But when you see a blue Cat pump on the side you cant go wrong

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My kids use that 1600 electric Ryobi on their cars and I've used it on the boat. 45 degree nozzle works great for cleaning and eliminates some of the potential for damage. Again, I wouldn't expect to strip a deck with it. My kid keeps it in his trunk! lol At the $89-$99 price tag I'll replace them all day long. It's a really good unit. I believe this is the newer Model @ $119

RYOBI 1,800 psi 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer-RY141812G - The Home Depot

ryobi-electric-pressure-washers-ry141812g-64_1000.jpg

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a craftsman power washer from Lowe’s with wash and wax spray soap (Amazon) in the chemical dispenser. I’ve never hand washed my boat. I boat In salt water and spend more time rinsing the motors than washing the boat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have had a Campell Housefeld (Sp) electric for a few years. Pretty cheesy. But what I found the best money spent, was on an commercial 50' hose, and MTM Hydro wand, and foam cannon. All with quick releases that rotate at every connection.

It turned my velveeta pressure washer into a dream machine. Something to be said for those Italian MTM Hydro components. So if you have the option to buy one without the wand/hose, do it. Go get the heavy duty stuff.

Nothing cooler than being able to walk around your entire 24' boat without moving the pressure washer!!

Good luck!

PS: DID I MENTION FOAM CANNON!!?!!?!?

Last edited:

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My kid swears by his foam cannon!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use an MTM foam cannon as well and they are great for pre-wash. I used it on my 2100 psi electric and it was decent but on gas with 3,000 psi and 2.3 gph it was so much better at creating thick foam that clings well to the surface.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ryobi 2800? for me. It needs a new unloader after about 6 years of use. Works way better than electric. I have a good electric one at the river but the gas is more than 2x as fast.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a great topic! I've been toying with the idea of getting another pressure washer since the last one I had quit after having it less then a year. It was electric and my first one. I plan to get another electric one because of the simplicity and the portability. I'd mainly be using it to wash vehicles and toys. A foam cannon my be in my future.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know this is as far away one can get jet boating however do to circumstances beyond my control I am now in the market for a new one. I decided to ask you all as many of you probably have one and have an opinion on them. I am looking strictly for a gas one.[flag]

thanks
As someone that has had and still has quit a few (3). My pressure washers (1) Ryobi electric - for the house, (2) Honda gas, and (3) a Kubota diesel powered Hot pressure washer.

I always end up using the Honda. Its more portable than the big diesel with the heater. Its easier than dragging extension cords around and easier to put away.

The hot water was nice to clean the trucks, but after I started using rejex on the big trucks the heat was not necessary.