• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pretty good brisket

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What? How did that happen... $6.00? Full packer... did you make some burnt ends? The best

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Lol. Guessing that got typed in wrong as it says 1.32 lbs. USDA Prime is the only way I am able to smoke a brisket.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Lol. Guessing that got typed in wrong as it says 1.32 lbs. USDA Prime is the only way I am able to smoke a brisket.
[/QUOTE
Yep. Thats exactly what happened. A Prime brisket smoked well is as good or better than choice or select smoked poorly. I've started using wagyu tallow at the wrap point...makes a big difference.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Having been an avid smoker in the past what's your setup? I've gone electric as it's just stupid simple and I can toss in wood chips, set the temp and the timer and go to sleep. Helpful on the 20 hours smokes of big pork shoulders. I haven't attempted brisket.
20161002_175540.jpgIMG_20161002_115540.jpg

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I have a pellet smoker. People shit on pellets but I can pump out some really good stuff from brisket to pork to chicken to prime rib and even use it for cheesecake. I can also smoke stuff during the week while I'm working without having to worry about keeping up a fire

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a pellet smoker. People shit on pellets but I can pump out some really good stuff from brisket to pork to chicken to prime rib and even use it for cheesecake. I can also smoke stuff during the week while I'm working without having to worry about keeping up a fire
yup! Same with my wood chip electric smoker. It's phenomenal and I can adjust the smokey flavor, as some like it really rich and some like it mild. I'm in the middle. I don't like it tasting like I'm eating charcoal. I have a masterbuilt electric smokehouse. Standing 4 rack smoker.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used to cook competitively, and most of the best cooks use cookshack FEC 100 pellet grills. You can always say that Butchers BBQ won (2) Jack Daniels world championships on pellet poopers. David Bouska | Butcher BBQ | Champion Pitmaster Classes (bbqchamps.com)

David Bouska is the Pitmaster of Butcher BBQ competition team out of Chandler, OK and a master at cooking in a pellet smoker. He is a 2 time World BBQ Champion winning the 2018 Jack Daniel's Invitational Barbecue and the 2012 World Food BBQ Championship. David also was the Reserve Grand Champion at the 2018 American Royal competing against over 500 teams! He has appeared on the hit TV show BBQ Pitmasters 5 times, including 2 times on the All-Stars edition. David has won over 100 Grand & Reserve Champions and is in the Oklahoma BBQ Hall Of Fame.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow, that looks delicious! :winkingthumbsup"

I don't eat brisket much, but it is probably my favorite bbq'd meat.

I do ribs on the gas grill, but haven't smoked anything.

I will be building a small outdoor kitchen area at the new house and am wondering what do y'all use for smoking brisket.

Jim

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I use the rec tec 590. It's super versatile

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yup! Same with my wood chip electric smoker. It's phenomenal and I can adjust the smokey flavor, as some like it really rich and some like it mild. I'm in the middle. I don't like it tasting like I'm eating charcoal. I have a masterbuilt electric smokehouse. Standing 4 rack smoker.
I use a pellet “maze” in my p.o.s. garage sale electric smoker and I can let stuff smoke all day without worrying about adding chips. It’s completely eliminated my desire to buy something better.

1628898775923.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve never heard of this before. Looks like a great way to cold smoke fish. I’m going to have to try this.
I use a pellet “maze” in my p.o.s. garage sale electric smoker and I can let stuff smoke all day without worrying about adding chips. It’s completely eliminated my desire to buy something better.

View attachment 159954

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I go to a meat market that sells waygu brisket, I pick up the flats from time to time as I rarely feed enough people for a packer, and if I am I cheap out and do pork shoulder. They waygu are around 4 lbs and I they most certainly are better. I put the flat in a aluminum pan with some beef broth after it hits 160 degrees and that seems to really help hold the moisture on the small lean cuts.

I had a electric wood chip smoker I got a steal on and I loved that as I could control the smoke, the temperature control was off though. I got a Traeger pellet smoker with WiFi now. It took me a bit to refine my techniques on that but I love it now. 85036CC1-BC93-4736-A524-4A2170F56984.jpeg6871FF81-E9FF-48B4-A610-5BA7D6F71467.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve never heard of this before. Looks like a great way to cold smoke fish. I’m going to have to try this.
They also have tubes for this purpose, and after having several of them, I would recommend getting the octagon shaped tubes so they don't roll around.

Cheese can also be cold smoked with those, although I don't bother until it gets closer to fall, since it's harder to limit the sun's effect on my grill, as well as ambient temp contributions