• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Price Gouging...

O2Raulerson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I live in Jacksonville & had a deposit down for my 210 FSH Sport...they told me their out the door price after tax, tag, title, freight, construction or whatever, was around $62,000...I called numerous dealers around the state & their prices were around $56,000-$57,000...has anyone else seen the price gouging? I got my deposit back & Luckily (maybe), I found a dealer with a spot in line in south Florida. We’ll see if the boats come like they’re telling me...

Side not: New to the group. Love all the info posted here. When I went to the dealer, I knew more about the boat than they did. Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've noticed prices shooting way up on a number of things. Wood, for example is up 180% from just last fall.

I would suggest that your experience is less price gouging than simply supply and demand. One could arugue that a luxury item isn't a necessity, and most price gouging centers around rediculously priced essential items in an emergency. I admit, however, that the difference between the two can be very subjective.

The country is trying to recover its manufacturing sector, and even more so, the transportation sector is very sluggish. One example are the container ships sitting off the West coast suffering needless operations costs while simply sitting for more that 60 days in queue waiting for a chance to unload due to the unavailability of return trip containers. The going rate for a container used to be about $2,000 and now it's nearly $8,000. That cost has t be absorbed somewhere.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I live in Jacksonville & had a deposit down for my 210 FSH Sport...they told me their out the door price after tax, tag, title, freight, construction or whatever, was around $62,000...I called numerous dealers around the state & their prices were around $56,000-$57,000...has anyone else seen the price gouging? I got my deposit back & Luckily (maybe), I found a dealer with a spot in line in south Florida. We’ll see if the boats come like they’re telling me...

Side not: New to the group. Love all the info posted here. When I went to the dealer, I knew more about the boat than they did. Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming.
:Welcome:
I've read about some gouging due to low supply. The list price for the 210 sport is $47,999 plus taxes and fees. Some places are keeping the price at list but jacking up the fees.

jsssorol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I ordered My 2022 210 FSH this month. $54,000 plus addons total $64,000. But what are the options...there is a waiting list and a $2,500 deposit.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The dealers in Jacksonville are scam artists.

jsssorol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My dealer is in Key Largo and said there are 3 more waiting with deposits down.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That price is absurd unless they are adding a lot of aftermarket options. You can find a used one and save some dough.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I got a quote from that dealer. The addons were just crazy fees for freight, assembly, documentation totaling around $10,000. That just seemed like throwing away money. I went and found one used.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a quote from that dealer. The addons were just crazy fees for freight, assembly, documentation totaling around $10,000. That just seemed like throwing away money. I went and found one used.
Yes not cool at all. Fantastic you found a used one!

jsssorol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I canceled order from Key Largo dealer. Now i found another dealer in Miami with same boat for 4K less! None in stock but it pays to shop around...

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The dealers in Jacksonville are scam artists.
That’s one of the things that I really dislike about Yamaha is that they will give exclusive rights to sell these boats to dealerships that don’t know hardly anything about boats.

both dealers in Jax are for buying dirt bikes and four wheelers. One had a totally skeevy clientele roaming around while I had to wait for what seemed like forever for the one guy who knew anything about boats. I just don’t want to drop this kind of money on a place that argues with kids on the price of 5k dirt bikes most of the time. Sitting at card tables squeezed in between tires and dirt bikes is not what I was looking for. I accept I may be snobby about this and I used to love riding dirt bikes, but it’s different vibe for me.

I ended up buying from a place in Orlando that only sells boats, and not just Yamahas. I had no worry that these guys knew what they were doing. And they gave me much less hassle. It was nothing fancy either, just a different vibe that everyone there was really into boats and boating which is what I wanted to feel when I went boat shopping.

jsssorol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That sounds very familiar, the Yamaha dealer I went to had me sitting on a 4wheeler waiting for the sales person. I found a boat only dealer that has also Yamaha. Live and learn.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That’s one of the things that I really dislike about Yamaha is that they will give exclusive rights to sell these boats to dealerships that don’t know hardly anything about boats.

both dealers in Jax are for buying dirt bikes and four wheelers. One had a totally skeevy clientele roaming around while I had to wait for what seemed like forever for the one guy who knew anything about boats. I just don’t want to drop this kind of money on a place that argues with kids on the price of 5k dirt bikes most of the time. Sitting at card tables squeezed in between tires and dirt bikes is not what I was looking for. I accept I may be snobby about this and I used to love riding dirt bikes, but it’s different vibe for me.

I ended up buying from a place in Orlando that only sells boats, and not just Yamahas. I had no worry that these guys knew what they were doing. And they gave me much less hassle. It was nothing fancy either, just a different vibe that everyone there was really into boats and boating which is what I wanted to feel when I went boat shopping.
Dont tell me BMC Boats, they actually suck bigger than all dealers in the nation

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I actually bought from Ride Now in Jax they didnt now crap about the boat but i did and was able to get it $86k otd 252se back in december and in stock but yes they guy that sole me the boat actually gave a cover for a 250 instead of a 252

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its only price gouging if you are willing to buy. I see a boat as a non necessity item. People are paying way over blue book for trucks and cars, I get it if you really need a car but why, the market will change and prices will drop back to normal.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Dont tell me BMC Boats, they actually suck bigger than all dealers in the nation
BMC was significantly cheaper than either Jacksonville dealer when I was shopping

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good for you, i
I get that everyone has their own experiences, but they went above and beyond for me twice.
went there twice. I walked away twice. My bud bought a 242x there they won’t even service it. I you ever go to Butler stop by say hello and have a drink with us. You won’t miss us it’s the 252 with the girl and the big dog.:)

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Good for you, i
went there twice. I walked away twice. My bud bought a 242x there they won’t even service it. I you ever go to Butler stop by say hello and have a drink with us. You won’t miss us it’s the 252 with the girl and the big dog.:)
Just curious, Why won't they service it? I love the Butler chain. Can't wait to come out there again.