• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Project: rebuild

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
In April i had a stroke. I have come out of it with some limitations for sure but have also gained a different perspective on things. It is time to live now! Carpe diem?
In any case, i have started a huge house project. We have been saving for this for a few years and are ready to take on the first chunk!
First step is to clear the area!
2 years ago, 3 trees down. Last year, a massive oak. This year a locust and a small oak that had died. Next up is bushes and landscaping getting ripped out!
I will be using this thread to track my very slow progress.
20170815_200826.jpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good for you man.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
According to your signature, my new driveway will need your truck, LOL!
They have 0 percent financing right now. Next month it will probably be 0 for 72

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They have 0 percent financing right now. Next month it will probably be 0 for 72
House project first! Besides, I always buy used. If I can't buy it cash, then I can't buy it.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
House project first! Besides, I always buy used. If I can't buy it cash, then I can't buy it.
That's a great plan. I pretty much do the same 0 percent is like cash for me though

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome @Speedling glad to see that you're moving forward and kicking butt!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Speedling Make sure you clear enough room for those blueberry bushes, they like full sun. Also if that tree is a black locust...it makes for a nice outdoor hardwood lumber with highest rot resistance, if those are white oaks, also highest rot resistance. Will be watching.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling Make sure you clear enough room for those blueberry bushes, they like full sun. Also if that tree is a black locust...it makes for a nice outdoor hardwood lumber with highest rot resistance, if those are white oaks, also highest rot resistance. Will be watching.
The oaks are beautiful and I only take them down if I NEED to. White Oaks. Had to take down one with a 3 foot round trunk last year. Was going to bring it to a mill and make a 3" slab and make it an awesome desktop BUT, the ants had destroyed it beyond making anything other than firewood.
The locust, don't know if it is a black but I will look into it. It seems very stringy compared to the Oak Not as dense. But smells great after I do a bit of sawing!
Sadly, I have only had one night to work on it all so I have a pile of tree branches in my yard yet. We also have a 20' wide firepit that we normally would be using to dispose of the leaves and smallest branches that get raked up, but it currently is busy growing pumpkins that are nice and orange! Probably 10" round on the biggest one and we HAVE to wait a bit longer to see how big they go! I have most the rest of everything cut into fireplace size pieces so I can use to heat my house! We keep a fire every night in the winter and make it a ROARING fire while we sit there and let it die down over the night and I shut the dampers etc in morning if it's all out, which all depends on how late a night it was! We have a small system that blows the hot air into the room, but it's really not that effective. It may essentially even out the heat lost out the chimney when the fire isn't going and that's about it.
The blueberry bushes have a spot set aside. I am going to be looking for smaller sized bushes than what the typical blueberry farms have. We have like a 20'x40' spot we want to put them which doesn't mean huge ugly things.
Besides, I hope to be putting in a garden next to it. They will be sharing a rain barrel system so I can water whatever whenever. Problem Is I really need to replace my shed before I plant the bushes so I don't regret where I put things!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
End of labor day weekend recap:
1. Diverter box for my septic repaired
2. Lots of tree burnt and cleaned up
3. Sump pump died and kids had unplugged the secondary (i tied the house sump to the garage sump as a backup) thus flooding the crawlspace/basement so that added some excitement
4. Grilled fillets with parmesan crust and homemade bacon wrapped brat-burgers
5. Started retaining wall along ditch because it keeps washing my yard away.
6. Tonight i watch a movie with wife!
So lots done this weekend but still unable to pull permit cuz they are never open when i am available

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just gotta say, permits can be frustrating

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Did get the front door in last week. Forgot to get a before, but my wife has on facebook. Door really pops with sunlight!
The glass on the door really brightens the room up too.
20180120_152238.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A couple shots so people can see what i am doing and of course constructive criticism appreciated!
20180404_154406.jpg 20180404_154241.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So that is the square cutout that i am going to roof in and make that my living room!
Also installed one 1000 lb beam for the floor:
20180401_090826.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Also figuring out where the driveway will be going. I want a horseshoe so i can pull in and back the boat alongside the back of the house.
20180404_154725.jpg
Picture is to show how parking is now. Kids and wife get the 24x24 garage. Was going to build a garage or extend but with electric and gas both needing to move and money running thin, doing the driveway and using storage is far cheaper.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
House peak.jpg my progress "peeking" out the top.