• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Project Seadoo 230Wake

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Guys I am not new to Seadoo or Yamaha and have a great knowledge of them. My Wife and I wanted another Boat so we decided on this 230Wake we found.
So far I have Wet Sanded and polished for 25-30hours and completely cleaned it from top to bottom. I pulled all the upholstery for a redo and She got new Seadek also! I will add more pics latter. Please give me any and all info you may have and also ask any and all questions. Both Motors re-done with CP pistons and new SCer rebuild kits.

Attachments

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looking good so far.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ok i got all seadek in and install new front coushions we had upholstered sneek peak and will post more tomorrow.

Attachments

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Beautiful!!! Best jetboats ever!!! #seadoo

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. I checked one out when they first came out but the $50k pice tag scared me away. Does yours have the front windshields that roll down and the heater connected to a long flexible hose that board and tube riders can use to warm up?

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It has the heater, Yes, but not the automatic windows.

I did spend yesterday installing all new 14ga. Speaker wire and the new amp. UG what a pain in the a$$. But it is done.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ok guys i am a rockford fan boy. I ran there punch stuff in high school LOL. Anyway 2x p8004 amps will be used. This is my first one and all new 14ga. Speaker wire with propper connectors soildered on with JL 7.7's. i will add guys i am so glade i went 7.7's as i really did not have to open the stock holes much at all as they were a tad over 6 inches from factory.
4 cockpit 7.7's, two towers 880's or Rev8's have not decided and one 10 JL marine sub to match 7.7's. i want bass just not stupid crap bass.

Attachments

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Sundeck in and last buff before the swim platform seadek.

Attachments

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well i installed the JL 12 inch sub and fed it with 400watts. I am picking up my batteries today.
Also i found a set of wetsounds icon 8's for $400 amd i may just add them. They are new and too cheap to pass and we sit on boat more than surfing so i believe they will be good.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ok guys since boat is in my shop and weather is bad i have no pics of swim platform with seadek yet but is awesome..
So i was bored and said screw it LED cup holders. Will post night pucs tonight.

Attachments

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Im going to make a little change but i do like them. Subtile but nice.

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks really nice man! Come do my boat!

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well it was pretty simple. I just wish they were a little brighter. See the strip is wrapped around the outside of the cup holder so when i place it back in it shows through the holes. Looks very clean. Just a little dim for me.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well my stereo and stuff is done. Boy am i tired of this boat.
I will add i am not to happy with the seadek as this stuff is not duravle at all. I havent even put my boat in the water and it is scuffed ugly in two spots. I mean heck what happens when you actually go to the lake and use your boat.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can relate (driveway boating gets tiring and expensive fast) but hope you have the same experience I did. That is, get on the water and have such a good time that you forget about all of problems you you had to deal with to get there.

The boat is looking good by the way. I've only seen one at the dealership years ago, never on the water, so i consider it a rare boat.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thank you for the pick up. Yea i am so ready to get out and have fun.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well got the boat out today and it was a blast. Here is a pic of the back swim platform also.

Attachments

Chris Allen

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
How are you liking the 230? We are looking at a used one in Charleston, SC.

Water4fire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We love it. It is very fast, but throws a huge Wake. Wake surfing pretty easy. No ballast needed for wakeboarding for sure as it has a big wake. Full load we see 48 mph with it, but that's 9 members. and cooler.

Chris Allen

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
This will be our first boat so, of course, are debating between new and used. We are looking at a 2012 with a few hundred hours, maybe 300. Is it pretty much guaranteed that the engine and/or SCs will need to be rebuilt soon if they haven't been rebuilt already. The shop that is selling it has done all the maintenance and they say it was very well maintained. What else should we consider? Thanks in advance.