• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proper installation of the anchor in the bow anchor storage compartment

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up our 212 Limited S today and working to organize and load equipment on the boat. We have the bow anchor locker and purchased a #8 Yamaha anchor complete with 4’ of chain and 150’ of line.

A few questions about proper installation:

1. Do you tie the very end of the anchor line off in the compartment? I assume we would affix to a bow cleat when anchored but wondering if others attach the very end of the line to the bracket hole for the bow hook?

2. The top of the anchor fits between the width of the cut outs. Does the lower end go into the slot, or is that intended for the line and chain?

3. Seems like any way I store the anchor, it’s going to bang up against the hull and gelcoat in chop. Is there a proper way to store and secure or have other simply put some fenders or padding in there to protect the boat?

Sorry for the questions. Seems like a simple thing but want to make sure we install properly and also protect our new boat from damage.

Thanks!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Picked up our 212 Limited S today and working to organize and load equipment on the boat. We have the bow anchor locker and purchased a #8 Yamaha anchor complete with 4’ of chain and 150’ of line.

A few questions about proper installation:

1. Do you tie the very end of the anchor line off in the compartment? I assume we would affix to a bow cleat when anchored but wondering if others attach the very end of the line to the bracket hole for the bow hook?

2. The top of the anchor fits between the width of the cut outs. Does the lower end go into the slot, or is that intended for the line and chain?

3. Seems like any way I store the anchor, it’s going to bang up against the hull and gelcoat in chop. Is there a proper way to store and secure or have other simply put some fenders or padding in there to protect the boat?

Sorry for the questions. Seems like a simple thing but want to make sure we install properly and also protect our new boat from damage.

Thanks!
1. Yes, tie the end off on the compartment. Less likely to lose it.

2. I rest the shank on the chain and rode below the hanging anchor.

3. Same as 2, or you could always put an old life jacket or throwable cushion in there.

I don't have the same boat as you, but many of us here have upgraded from the "Yamaha" anchor. I have found that the sliding ring on the shank type does not hold well and drags a lot. It is not a "set it and forget it" style anchor. I use that style for my stern anchor now, for the bow we use a Danforth style fluke anchor 8# galv. from West Marine. It sets much better and has not dragged yet. Good Luck.

Last edited:

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found the perfect solution to keep the anchor from banging around. Had a old child’s small life vest (zip and buckle style). I put it on the anchor like a person with arms. Fits perfect! Then hung the anchor in the locker and it created a perfect padding situation.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would toss the chain and think about getting 2 x 4' of the rubberized chain so you don't bang up the boat. With the Danforth anchor, 8 feet of chain (rubber coated), and 150' of rope you will be set. You may also want a second anchor for the back

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The right sized anchor shouldn't hit anything when installed properly in the locker (with the lower end in the slot and top locked into the t bar slots).
I have the correct size and it fits perfect in the top keeper and the bottom keeper but the blades on the anchor still swing a bit.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hope much rope length do the boats come with from original purchase?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Only attach an anchor to the stern when you are at a beach never in open water most boats get sunk that way.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Zero. They don't even come with an anchor. You have to work with your dealer to get that stuff added into your deal.
Guess the dealer put mine in. It can’t be much more than 30-50 ft. Probably should replace with longer rope. It’s done the job for a few years though.