• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PSA to all SX and AR 19' Yamaha's: Loose windows and how to fix it

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found something out about my boat and figured I'd share how I fixed it. You may want to check yours for any slop or play. This is my 3rd season on the boat and I've taken her to the Gulf a few times, been caught in storms several times, been smacked by massive wake boat rollers, etc basically all the things most of us I'm sure have faced over the years. Well I noticed my starboard side window had some slop in it that the port side didn't. I tried tightening the exposed black screws on the braces that connect the front to the side glass but none of those seemed to help take up the loose slop. I then hopped online to figure out how our glass is installed on the helm and noticed it showed a bunch of small Philips screws along the bottom metal base along with some bolts on each end. Well I guess after a few years of use those screws have worked themselves a little loose and some needed to be tightened about a 1/4 turn while others needed at least a 1/2 turn or more! Once I tightened them down the slop for the most part is gone. There is still a small amount of flex so I'm guessing those two bolts will also need to be tightened but for the most part this fixed the issue. You access the bolts (nuts really) from under the front and rear storage compartments. Look to be about a 10 or 12mm but it's too hot right now that I don't care to mess with them. I'll save that for a cooler morning job lol. Anyways just wanted to share an issue you may or may not have with your boat and how I tightened mine up to resolve it. I guess this could also work for the larger boats but not sure if their construction is the same as the base but I imagine it would be.