• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pump controller com error

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2020 Yamaha AR242XE and today while I was filling ballasts, got this error, "Pump controller com error." I have tried things on these forums, such as unplugging connector, disconnecting batteries, and even trying to re calibrate ballast system. Nothing works. Has anyone out there figured out something new with this issue? Thanks in advance.

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2020 Yamaha AR242XE and today while I was filling ballasts, got this error, "Pump controller com error." I have tried things on these forums, such as unplugging connector, disconnecting batteries, and even trying to re calibrate ballast system. Nothing works. Has anyone out there figured out something new with this issue? Thanks in advance.
******Found Issues******
It was a blown fuse next to the solar panel fuse. Dealer didn’t know this.

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is in the battery compartment near the rear. There are 2 floating fuses next to each other just to the rear of the accessory fuse box. One is the radio fuse, and one is the ballast system fuse. The fuse blew when the launch ramp was decontaminating my boat. They didn’t turn the water on, so the system was sucking air the whole time. Don’t know why this caused the fuse to blow, but it did. I tested ballast system all day today, and no issues!