• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing a 2018 Scarab 165 ID

Abner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a Scarab 165 ID on order and after reading about all the Scarab problems and poor Customer Support, I'm thinking of cancelling my order!

Should I cancel it???

Please respond quickly! I think the boat was scheduled to be finished today and shipped to the dealer in Saint Augustine Florida soon!!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I have a 2015 165. Bought it used this spring with 22 hours on it. I'm not at just over 60 hours. I haven't had any major issues at all. I wrote another post a while back with my pros/cons of the boat and others chimed in. May be worth looking it over. It seemed many agreed with my comments. Here it is: https://jetboaters.net/threads/anyone-own-a-165-ghost.15018/#post-258906

My only "issue" is the gas gauge getting stuck sometimes when you turn very sharply. That part sucks and is a pain. I'm waiting on a response about it to see what they have to say.

Abner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for your input. I read the thread and everyone seems pretty happy. I was concerned since there are a few other threads of people talking about how bad Scarab is and their Customer Support.

Still gotta look at that Carbon issue and sinking some were talking about. Not sure what that's about, but I will certainly check it out!

Seems that most people that responded to your post ran the boats in Lakes. I plan to use it both in Lakes and Inter-coastal. Hopefully it will do okay in the Inter-coastal!

Anyone have experience with this boat on the Inter-Coastal? I know you have to make sure you clean it good after each used to prevent corrosion from the salt.

Abner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Of those that bought new Scarab boats, how many did sea/lake trials with the new boat or use a Surveyor to check the new boat out?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I did 2 trials....

Also...most of the serious problem' are related to the first boat the 2014's 195 and their first twin engine, the 2015 215s. The 255 hasn't had any major problems that I can remember. And some of the prblems I've seen on the 165 are loose exhaust hoses and water poor into the boat.

I can' tell you I haven't been worried about my 255, but for now everything has gone smooth and my dealer, Marinemax in Dallas has been very helpful and prompt.

Abner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Pirana: Thanks for you prompt reply!. I will get a Surveyor and do a sea trail. If any such loose hose issues, the dealer can fix before I take delivery. Or any other problems.

I live down in Vero Beach FL and the dealer is in Saint Augustine FL which is close to three hours away. Certainly dont want to have to drive tp there to get issues fixed which should have been caught at the factory!