• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing Ar192

Shiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been looking for an Ar192 for awhile now and I have found 2 that I am deciding between. What seems to be the best choice out of these two?

2015 Ar192 with 70 hrs- it has the black graphics with the yellow ar which looks the best to me. A broker is selling this and had to go through a bonded title process to get title but he confirms that is a clean and clear title ready to transfer. Only problem is it comes with the trailer with no title or paperwork and in North Carolina it needs to be titled. Only thing wrong with it is the base of one of the seats in the bow is broken. Only comes with enough things to be coast guard legal. Price is $21,000

2014 Ar192 20 hrs- this boat is from a private seller that is an older couple, this boat comes with a lot of life jackets, barfball, wakeboards and 3-4 towable. Also has the thrust vectors. This seems to be very well taken care of and everything ready to hit the water. Price is $24000

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I would say they are pretty close in value. Go with the color scheme you like best.

Also, don't buy a boat without lake testing. Do some full throttle hole shots and a few miles wide open. If there are problems mechanically, it will be pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Used boats are all about how well they have been taken care of. I would go with whichever fits that bill.....likely the 2014 by your description.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
21k seems VERY low priced for a 2015 192. Something has got to be up with it besides a broken bow cushion. Probably rough and neglected to be that cheap. Mine is a year newer and has more hours and I would ask way more than 21k lol. Something doesn't add up there.

Shiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
21k seems VERY low priced for a 2015 192. Something has got to be up with it besides a broken bow cushion. Probably rough and neglected to be that cheap. Mine is a year newer and has more hours and I would ask way more than 21k lol. Something doesn't add up there.
It came from Texas by the registration numbers on the boat. He is a broker and did go through the bonded title process to get the title for it. It’s $21 just got the boat, I would have to purchase a trailer for it which he is willing to split the cost.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea but even without a trailer that's still pretty cheap. A galvanized or aluminum trailer is less than a few grand, even cheaper if painted steel. Was it a repo or something? Not sure how brokers work.

Shiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea but even without a trailer that's still pretty cheap. A galvanized or aluminum trailer is less than a few grand, even cheaper if painted steel. Was it a repo or something? Not sure how brokers work.
It is a boat dealer actually. I am assuming they got it in like an auction from a repo or something in that nature. Says it took a couple to get the title through that process and is tired of dealing with, says he is trying get rid of it fast which is why the low price.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea sounds like a repo or something. Could be a deal or could be a nightmare. There's a reason he's trying to dump it so cheap so just remember that.

Shiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea sounds like a repo or something. Could be a deal or could be a nightmare. There's a reason he's trying to dump it so cheap so just remember that.
Yea I know that’s what makes me so hesitant. Will be going on a sea trial this week on it to make sure everything is good to go.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It would make me hesitant too especially if it was a repo. That would make me think if someone didn't want to make payments what does that say for their maintenance and care of the boat? I'd look it over REAL good inside and out. Test it good. Best of luck in your boat searching!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It came from Texas by the registration numbers on the boat. He is a broker and did go through the bonded title process to get the title for it. It’s $21 just got the boat, I would have to purchase a trailer for it which he is willing to split the cost.
Sounds like a royal PITA and just comes across as sketchy to me. Tell the people with the 2014 your predicament and see if they'll come down $500-1000 to help you make up your mind.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It would make me hesitant too especially if it was a repo. That would make me think if someone didn't want to make payments what does that say for their maintenance and care of the boat? I'd look it over REAL good inside and out. Test it good. Best of luck in your boat searching!
If you are a bit hesitant on the origin or circumstances of the boat you can always run a history report on the boat, I remember I was using boattrader.com and they offered the service https://www.boattrader.com/research/resources/boat-history/ never used it but may be something to investigate for piece of mind and save you from a costly mistake. I'm sure there are other services out there that can run reports on the boat.

Logan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To piggyback onto this thread ... I'm looking at an AR192 as well. It's a 2016 and has wakeboard forks on both sides and tower speakers. it's at 110 hours and appears to be very clean ... he's asking $32,000. That got me thinking ... why not go new and step up to the AR195 for just $3,500 more plus take advantage of the 3.9% financing that Yamaha is running right now. Problem is, there's an extra $2,000 in transportation and setup fees.

So go with a used, very clean and upgraded AR192 for $32,000, or a brand new AR195 for $37,500. I'm not sure if the SVHO, the extra bit of HP and the "new" factor is worth $5,500 to me or not, especially having never owned one of these before. Anyone have an opinion?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:Welcome:I guess my first question would be what type of rate can you get on a used one if you are financing. New vs. used is always personal choice, we went used just because, like you we had never owned a jet boat and wanted to be sure it was for us. Don't regret saving about $12K and we love the jet boat. Is the owner offering any additional equipment, etc. The difference between the '16 to the '18 is paint schemes as far as I could tell, so I would agree with the is the $5500 worth it question. I would want to make sure all the maintenance was performed, other than that the motors are pretty rock solid. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To piggyback onto this thread ... I'm looking at an AR192 as well. It's a 2016 and has wakeboard forks on both sides and tower speakers. it's at 110 hours and appears to be very clean ... he's asking $32,000. That got me thinking ... why not go new and step up to the AR195 for just $3,500 more plus take advantage of the 3.9% financing that Yamaha is running right now. Problem is, there's an extra $2,000 in transportation and setup fees.

So go with a used, very clean and upgraded AR192 for $32,000, or a brand new AR195 for $37,500. I'm not sure if the SVHO, the extra bit of HP and the "new" factor is worth $5,500 to me or not, especially having never owned one of these before. Anyone have an opinion?
@skbishop90 has a very clean 2015 with all the goodies on here for sale.. just sayin...

Logan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, yeah he's done a lot to that boat ... looks awesome. But he's in Alabama and the ones I'm looking at, new or used, are a 3-hr drive. Any idea what he's asking for it? Guess I could PM him, huh.

From what I've seen, there would be about a 2% difference in financing from what Yamaha is offering right now compared to what I could get on my own. The biggest difference from 2016 to 2018 is SHO to SVHO, and assuming the used boat has been maintained well (he says it has) the used boat has the additional goodies that adds to it's value.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I would go with the new boat at that price.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow, yeah he's done a lot to that boat ... looks awesome. But he's in Alabama and the ones I'm looking at, new or used, are a 3-hr drive. Any idea what he's asking for it? Guess I could PM him, huh.

From what I've seen, there would be about a 2% difference in financing from what Yamaha is offering right now compared to what I could get on my own. The biggest difference from 2016 to 2018 is SHO to SVHO, and assuming the used boat has been maintained well (he says it has) the used boat has the additional goodies that adds to it's value.
I agree! Wouldn't stop me for a moment, however if you are talking about a 2% difference in financing over 120 or 180 months I would look at the numbers...I don't want to sound like a F&I guy at a car dealership but if payment $ matter it might make a difference.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If I'm not mistaken, there was an issue with loss of power due to undersized cooler that many people solved by upgrading their oil cooler. The AR195 solved that problem. Might want to check out this thread.