• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Push button switch

Michael Marchante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
ok so I’ve been looking to replace one of my push button starter buttons on my 2017 scarab 255 because it no longer lights up when pushed. I’ve been going back and forth trying to figure out what type of switch this would be. I’m not sure if it is momentary or latching switch. If anyone knows please let me know or if there is a product number for the exact replacement that would be greatly appreciated. Here are the two I’m going between
79519386-DBC2-4D81-A9BD-BF1D1513BFFE.png 74899EFC-A621-4773-ADFB-C9FF259105D1.png

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm guessing this is the original switch (a screenshot taken from the Scarab website parts list). The "MOM" stands for momentary. I assume this is for starting the engine?

1635469651145.png

Michael Marchante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Wow you are awesome that’s it. Thanks man! How do I order this?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
All original Scarab parts must be obtained through a Scarab dealer.

Many of the parts though are made by another manufacturer like this switch. Scarab won't be making this but gets them from that manufacturer. Determining which manufacturer is a research project. Sometimes it's easy to identify... in this case, searching for the LP3-V31G doesn't seem to yield anything useful. So you'd have to try and find a matching momentary contact switch by visually finding it.

I think the easiest thing is to order from a Scarab dealer. Many will ship things to you. New Orleans Power Sports New & Used Motorsports Vehicles & Boats for Sale - NewOrleansPowerSports.com is quite well known for getting parts shipped out to folks. Assuming you're in the USA (and will ship even outside). Paul is the guy to talk to. But if you have a local dealer, might as well get it from them without shipping issues.