• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question for you electrical gurus

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since this board is my go to for information all all topics! I want to convert my garage door openers to flush mounted push buttons in a wall box, just to clean things up. I was hoping it would be pretty straight forward, and I could order a plain momentary push button online something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Momentary-URTONE-Stainless-Suitable-Mounting/dp/B018R2ONH8/ref=s9_simh_gw_g60_i1_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=SSPK9HEN1VBS66FE53WT&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=781f4767-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

There are two wires from the opener down to the wall switch. My only worry is there is a small board, led, and resistor in the guts of the factory switch. Will a simple switch like this work? Or should I leave well enough alone? Thoughts?

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the existing switch lighted? Not sure what the board would be for. I replaced my mom's with a simple door bell switch and it works fine.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, it's got a small led backlight. Thanks for the reply.