• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Questions about jet impeller and wear ring

danny1982az

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a 1998 sugar sand tango. Mercury sport jet 175hp, serial 0E325197. Early model. Wondering if anyone knows if the wear ring has the replaceable sleeve.. or do I have to buy a whole new housing at $800?

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
No replaceable sleeves for the Merc's Have to replace it or have it sleeved with stainless After 14 years mine needs some attention too but I've been putting it off. Some of the guys on the old jetboating.net site seemed to have good results coating the wear ring with JB weld and sanding it down. Might still be info there.

Bill

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I had a seadoo with a 240hp merc I used a porcelain repair kit (2 part paint) to coat the impeller housing/were ring which seemed to do a good job of tightening up the clearance between the impeller and housing. I looked but could not find an aftermarket sacrificial wear ring. FYI - The only aftermarket parts I could find were various intake grates and a solas impeller. NOTE: If you want to remove the impeller you will need a wide and long socket wrench. I couldn't find one at the local hardware store so ended up buying the mercury impeller tool/socket ($60 for a one time use tool).