• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Questions for Ron@Scarab (Or anyone that knows the answers)

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Ron,

I see your knowledgable posts in this forum and wanted to ask you some questions. Just for an introduction, do you work for Scarab or are you a Scarab dealer?

Thanks,

Walt

2016 215 HO Impulse Wake:

1. I have two towing attachment points. The one at the top of the the tower and the one at the back of the boat. What are my limitations on the tower attachment? Only tow wake surfers with this one?

2. On the back of the Viper II circuit board there is a Wi-Fi antenna. (Labeled Wi-Fi) What is this for? I connect my phone to the system via BlueTooth so I’m curious what this is for.

3. Where does the factory put a second battery on the 215 HOI wake boat? I am interested in installing a 2nd battery but am not sure what location to use. (The wake ballast bags take up the compartments on the sides)

4. The new towers on the 215 HOI, 2017> use metal poles angled to the front for additional tower stability under speed. My 2016 has straps. Can my boat be retrofitted with the poles or were there changes to the tower to allow the installation of poles in the 2017> models?

5. The wet storage area at the back of the boat does not drain statically or while underway, what is the fix to this problem? I have confirmed there is not obstruction by sticking the garden hose in the hole and under pressure, pushing water through the hole and out the drain under the boat.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am both my friend.

(I believe I answered these questions somewhere for somebody recently:)

Tower top or lower attachment: Rule is one line for ONE person doing the activity, period. What you do later, is up to you, but don't blame Scarab if you snap things, lol!

HOI Tower Extensions: My recommendation is to have a local canvas shop add them for you. I know this isn't the answer you probably want to hear, but we don't have anything for that.

Wi-fi,..has nothing to do with any applications we have offered etc. ( I will check some of our boats radio manuals for you since I haven't seen anything on this yet.)

If the drains aren't draining have your dealer look for kinks in the hoses, or check the valve itself. That is the only issue we ever come across.

In 2016, there wasn't an option for a Dual Battery setup. You will need to find a place suitable depending on your needs and add another switch for dual batteries. Your dealer can do this for you.
In 2017, we don't offer dual batteries either. I would add it in the rear seat compartment, but you have ballasts so that eliminates that idea. If you didn't have those, that would be a perfect spot.

I know this doesn't sound like helped a lot, but what you are seeking remains to the minds of the aftermarket.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ron,

That was a big help! I appreciate you being on this forum and assisting us with issues as well as answers to our questions.

Walt

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1. I have two towing attachment points. The one at the top of the the tower and the one at the back of the boat. What are my limitations on the tower attachment? Only tow wake surfers with this one?
The top tow point is only to be used for skiing or knee boarding. If your going to be tubing, or towing a watercraft, you need to use the lower.

2. On the back of the Viper II circuit board there is a Wi-Fi antenna. (Labeled Wi-Fi) What is this for? I connect my phone to the system via BlueTooth so I’m curious what this is for.
Wifi is for system firmware updates, and future apps/add ons

3. Where does the factory put a second battery on the 215 HOI wake boat? I am interested in installing a 2nd battery but am not sure what location to use. (The wake ballast bags take up the compartments on the sides)
I have written a detailed how-to for adding a second battery. Head over to the Scarab repository and you will find it. Eventough you dont have a 195, the process is similar.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/scarab-add-a-battery-modification.3135/#post-85751

4. The new towers on the 215 HOI, 2017> use metal poles angled to the front for additional tower stability under speed. My 2016 has straps. Can my boat be retrofitted with the poles or were there changes to the tower to allow the installation of poles in the 2017> models?

5. The wet storage area at the back of the boat does not drain statically or while underway, what is the fix to this problem? I have confirmed there is not obstruction by sticking the garden hose in the hole and under pressure, pushing water through the hole and out the drain under the boat.
Your wet storage should drain to the bilge. Because of this, there is no way to have it weep while under way like the Skis do.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Mike,

"I have written a detailed how-to for adding a second battery."

You have done an excellent job detailing how to do the install. I was looking for where the factory would locate the second batter in 215 HO Impulse Wake. The ballast bags occupy the all the possible location aft of the helm. Ron answered that there was no factory option for a second battery so I will have to find a place amidship.

Your wet storage should drain to the bilge.

It does not do so on the 215. It drains overboard underneath the rear platform and out. Unfortunately, mine only drains when I put air or water pressure from the entry point to force it out. As Ron said there is probably a kink in the hose. I'll have to pursue that angle.

Thanks for your input.

Walt

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@WaltB,

Did you ever find a good location for a second battery?

Any pics if so?

TY!

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I could not find a place I liked that would either not interfere with the ballast bags or be all the way up at the helm so I have not installed a second battery.

Walt

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I could not find a place I liked that would either not interfere with the ballast bags or be all the way up at the helm so I have not installed a second battery. Walt
TY for the reply!!!

We are very close to going with a 215, but we wont have any ballast bags. So I am considering under the rear side starboard seat.

Though I haven’t looked that close yet. Does there happen to be enough room in the motor area, on the starboard side (like the factory battery is on the port side) without any ballast bags?

TY!

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No room in the engine compartment of the 215.
Under either rear side bench seat would work perfect,,,, as long as you don’t have the ballast bags.

Walt

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I installed my second battery on the starboard side below the rear bench seat close to the engine bay. Fits perfect and takes up minimal space.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length