• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick Connect Fender Holders

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife is not the best first mate in the world so I finally had to bite the bullet and get some quick connect holders.

These are solid brass and then chromed, there is receiver piece that hard mounts to the hull and then you have these pieces that attach to the fender. When I bought the boat, I bought the curved Yamaha fenders and the line for them from the Yamaha website. Those ropes were worthless, utterly worthless. The factory cleats are not ideal given the skill sets of my family so these are perfect.

Got these from Overtons, there are other brands but only the Big Sky ones have the rear fastener rig they do. It works great. Not cheap but they work great.

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice....I put Fender Locks on my last boat....very convenient when you are boating and the docks are the same height, but requires adjusting if you were visiting docks at different heights. I just bought(a plastic danik hook) this from Overtons and use it on the tower for a mid boat fender....(doesn't have to go around a narrow tube...will go around anything). Been using it for a few weeks now and I'm very happy....easy to adjust the height!

1595266828426.png

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@piney1 Real nice! Love it. These boats do need better cleat distribution, no doubt.

I went a cheaper route, can't recall who recommended it (sorry!) but got two pairs of those from iBoats:
http://www.iboats.com/Fender-Lock-Pair-Perko/dm/cart_id.675306700--session_id.656980082--view_id.167251

The eyes lock in the mounting flange when turned 90deg, and there is also a rubber stopper that prevents them from popping out. Like most things Perko, really well designed, very functional.

A snap to install. But, still need to drill!

Last edited:

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@piney1 Real nice! Love it. These boats do need better cleat distribution, no doubt.

A snap to install. Still, need to drill!
Thanks - No need to drill those? I'll admin the drilling was a bit unnerving but it was a easy once I started. I used one of those countersinking type bits that open up from small to large. It worked like a charm and no chips.

I knew they weren't cheap but I wanted the brass ones and to only have to ever worry about them once.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks - No need to drill those? I'll admin the drilling was a bit unnerving but it was a easy once I started. I used one of those countersinking type bits that open up from small to large. It worked like a charm and no chips.

I knew they weren't cheap but I wanted the brass ones and to only have to ever worry about them once.
No, you DO need to drill for those Perco lock flanges, albeit only small screw holes. I edited my post to read "But, still need to drill!".

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those permanent mounted clips sure would be quicker. But it won't work for me because I'm not attaching fending in the same place every time. It all depends on the boat or the dock that I'm tying up to.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those permanent mounted clips sure would be quicker. But it won't work for me because I'm not attaching fending in the same place every time. It all depends on the boat or the dock that I'm tying up to.
These are primarily for when we put in at our boat landing. It is tidal water and the current is sometimes fast. I have those orange ball bumpers for tying up, those work great and I use the cleats or the wake tower for them.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice....I put Fender Locks on my last boat....very convenient when you are boating and the docks are the same height, but requires adjusting if you were visiting docks at different heights. I just bought this from Overtons and use it on the tower for a mid boat fender....(doesn't have to go around a narrow tube...will go around anything). Been using it for a few weeks now and I'm very happy....easy to adjust the height!

Julian, careful with those. They do not float. Guests on my boat have lost 2 of them so far this season. I was considering adding a floating keychain to them...if I decide to spend the money and buy more of them. I do love the functionality.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, careful with those. They do not float. Guests on my boat have lost 2 of them so far this season. I was considering adding a floating keychain to them...if I decide to spend the money and buy more of them. I do love the functionality.
Yeah....I've been careful to be the one to remove or put them up because they don't float. Not sure a key chain float would be bouyant enough....but a good idea to try!

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were out on Sunday and they worked awesome. On the way back in, I had them deployed on the port side and the currents were not favorable. My daughter was able to change sides on them in literally under a minute with no problems. This task would have take much longer without them. The articulating bumpers work MUCH better now that they are at the correct height, every time, and the hull is fully protected.

Attachments

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@piney1 I have added those to my boat also, for the most part I like them. The downside is that I have already bent one due to it hitting a pylon when I was tied up at fixed dock.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ouch! How high are they mounted? Did the fixed dock bang into them or the rope pull them?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ouch! How high are they mounted? Did the fixed dock bang into them or the rope pull them?
They are mounted just above the rub rail and they stick out past the rub rail. The dock pylon hit the quick connect, the only rope in the area was the one connected to the fender, and the quick connect was bent horizontally not vertically.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They are mounted just above the rub rail and they stick out past the rub rail. The dock pylon hit the quick connect, the only rope in the area was the one connected to the fender, and the quick connect was bent horizontally not vertically.
Thanks - I mounted mine higher but will have to be careful of that. Appreciate it.

Not having to hear from the wife 'you never taught me to tie a the rope' ever again makes them a solid investment for me.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been a couple years for you with the install. Still working for you? I’m sick of the useless Yamaha bumpers. They rely on Velcro. If I believed that, they would have been lost in the water a long time ago. I’m planning on doing 3 per side as well. I admit I don’t know how to tie a knot so will buy similar rope connector. @piney1

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been a couple years for you with the install. Still working for you? I’m sick of the useless Yamaha bumpers. They rely on Velcro. If I believed that, they would have been lost in the water a long time ago. I’m planning on doing 3 per side as well. I admit I don’t know how to tie a knot so will buy similar rope connector. @piney1
Yes, they work flawlessly. They are so easy that even my wife (worst first mate ever) can use them with little effort. They have not corroded or anything. They should be OEM on every boat.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot locate them online. My purchase the Taco brand of the similar product.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got them via Overton’s IIIRC but their website is: Phender Pro Cleat Quick Release Pins - Marine Positive-Locking Pins
@piney1 @Andy S @Julian @swatski

Do you guys feel like 3 per side are required? I was just planning to do 2. But, if I feel like I may be adding another one later, that might adjust where I install the ones I have now. Sure as heck can’t move it after the fact. :)

We’ve only been using 2 regular fenders per side till now due to difficulty finding a spot to tie them on. I’ve got big 8” fenders.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@piney1 @Andy S @Julian @swatski

Do you guys feel like 3 per side are required? I was just planning to do 2. But, if I feel like I may be adding another one later, that might adjust where I install the ones I have now. Sure as heck can’t move it after the fact. :)

We’ve only been using 2 regular fenders per side till now due to difficulty finding a spot to tie them on. I’ve got big 8” fenders.
For where I boat at, tidal with current, three is a must. Went with longer one in the middle and the shorter on the front and back.